Update, noise post tune

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Thanks guys, just put it back to stock per your advice, gonna run out for a spin, see if I can duplicate the noise. Keep you guys posted and thanks again for the help.

Ok, well I hate to say it, but my truck now is screwed. I put it back to stock. od, all of the idiot lights were flashing, shifts are all over the place. reloaded the stock. lights and OD indicator went away but the engine is wacked, screams up to 5 on the tack out of nowhere the shifts dont know where there supposed to be at all. Put it back to the 91 perf tune, the metal clanging is louder than ever. I have no idea what to do. It's almost undrivable in stock, and whatever the metal clanging noise is, is brutal in the 91. thinking of pulling it into the building and getting a ride home after work. dont know whats next:(

:huh: What the ? Sorry you're having so much trouble.

I've had no problems so far. Changed the settings several times (play/test you know) without a hitch, have not disconnected the battery once.

What's Wayne feedback?

Changing minor things and tinkering is way different from going from stock 87 to premium performance. The computer needs time to learn how to drive, so if you get the tune, go out and floor it everywhere, then drive like a grandma the next day, the shift points will be messed up. I used to drive like a bat outta hell everywhere I went, then gas prices hit $2, and I slowed down and now easily get 400+ miles to a tank.

Go disconnect the battery until you leave work, then drive home like normal, not racing it, and not babying it.

Guys, Waynes sending over a new tune that he thinks will help. And Jeff, Ive always done it the way Wayne advised, tune, idle for a while drive mello for a day, normal for a day, run her a little bit hard for a day. I have to say this so every one knows who might not already. Wayne is awesome. He's already sent the revised tune and has jumped on this much faster than I expected. Incredible customer service.

Gavin,

Until you have driven a SportTrac with one of my tunes on it, you shouldnt make comments like that. I have MANY members here and on other sites that have had my tuning on their tracs for over a year with NO issues or problems at all.

Teds problem has been resolved guys, has got to be vehicle specific, but its taken care of.