UPDATE - K & N Cold Air Intake ( 57 Series Generation II FIPK)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Z

Reaction score
I just went this seller on ebay to order this intake, and guess what - the item listing has ended. It still says there is more than ten available when it was ended. It will be interesting to see if the seller relists the intake at the same price, or raises it. I was looking through some of their other listings, and they appear to be selling the K&N intake kits for between $200 and $350. The replacement filters are going for $40 to $50 - same price they wanted for this intake kit. Makes one think - maybe the price was a typo on their end. If anyone that has bought one - let us know if you get the intake.

Another member posted that link two nights ago. He bought one,and so did I. If they send me just a filter, I will return it, insisting they pay shipping.

:(

If they send me the whole kit...happy birthday to me

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the picture did not show on Ebay. I emailed and then called them about it. When i spoke to them they sent me to a link of what it is... It's the DROP-IN K&N factory fiter replacement. It's NOT the cone style with the cold air intake and all the good stuff.... It's only the DROP-IN... for the factory BOX.

I did mention to the person on the phone that the ad is misleading... but i doubt that they'll do anythhing about it.

rob

Rob,

thanks for the update. As for me, I boughta K&N COLD AIR INTAKE ford EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 01-05 04, and that's all I'll accept. That is what is titled, and described, that is what they contracted to sell, and what I bought. If they send me anything else, I will fight hard to be sent what they advertised. If that fails, I will demand full refund, and payment of return shipping cost.

PcmD keep us informed on what you get. Since you ordered one I'm hoping i am wrong then..

Guess time wil tell now...

rob

As they say, seeing IS believing. I have been invoiced and received tracking info via Fedex for the intake "kit". Had to ship to my brother in VA. since they only ship to continental 48. (Not Hawaii).

I will keep the "My ST" readers informed regarding the "final" outcome. Please stand by.

P.S.- Mom always told me, "if it sounds too good to be true ............. ???

When your bother gets it; you can ask him what size box it came in. You maybe able to tell if you got a filter replacement or a whole set up... That way you don't have to ship it back and forth from hawaii... Like i said i hope i am wrong though...

rob

Sorry to hear...:(

Like you said before: P.S.- Mom always told me, "if it sounds too good to be true ............. ???

that's why i emailed them and then i called them, it sounded too good to me too...

Good Luck and hopefully they'll even pay the shippin too since they misleaded all of us in their advertisement..

rob

so the K&N 57 series is whats needed if you have a Second GEN Sport Trac? I love my Sport Trac its done everything and met every demand thats been asked of it from hauling house hold goods to large boxes to gear for camping and picnic to transporting in-laws and kids to doing great when Korea got dumped with snow last year. Just got the running boards from Auto zone which has alway got me my stuff really quick but my biggest annoyance is finding after market parts for it which seams like they all were designed for 1st GEN and nothing for 2nd GEN. I am also looking at upgrading my exhaust which I remember driving my former step fathers F 250 with the 400 V8 block and dual exhaust and loved the power and the sound of it. Last thing I am looking for if anyone knows is a good sterio with touch screen GPS, blue tooth, works with my steering wheel controls and allows hands free voice commands and USB to connect my Ipod and Android phone to it and can get them shipped to Korea (using a APO address). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its been interesting reading these blogs leaning more and more about my Sport Trac all the time which is great.