UPDATE - I just installed the EZLok today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Z

Reaction score
About a year ago I found a brand new EZLok kit for sale on EBay. The guy I bought it from said he used to be a member on this site, and bought the kit, but never got around to installing it. I bought the kit for about $50 plus shipping. The kit came with two EZLok actuators, and one dummy, along with all the wires/instructions. It was supper easy to install, and the instructions are very clearly written. In fact to me, installing the dummy latch was more tedious than anything. Hats off to RichardL for creating this, even knowing there are none being made any longer. It is so much better than having to use the key to unlock. It is also very easy to turn to unlock pretty sure a two-year old could turn it with ease.

I am going to take some pictures of this installation, and make a project out of it. On one of the EZLok actuators, and the dummy I used black silicon to weather seal them, but did not on the last one. I am going to take that one apart to seal it up (I am also going to take all the crimp connectors off the wires, and solder/shrink tube them, because that is just how I am), and when I do, I will be able to take some detailed pictures along with the old parts that I had kept. Not sure if anyone will ever use the project, but if they come across a kit like I did, then this may help them out some. Plus, I may also get a wrench next to my name:banana:. I may not get the project finished until the beginning of next year, because this is my busy time of the year at work.

Last edited by a moderator: