Up Converting DVD Players

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin L

Reaction score
anybody have any suggestions for a good up converting dvd player? im not gonna spend 800 to 1000 on a hd dvd or blu ray dvd player, but spending aroiund 100 on an upconverting one the is almost as good as hd dvd i will do? any suggestions on brand? model? i have a brand new samsung lcd tv and hd comcast cable but my dvds still look like crap and this is the cheapest easist way to make them look beter.

Justin

Not sure what kind of setup you have... But if you have an XBOX 360 you can purchase the VGA Cable connection if your TV will allow it. Your XBOX will than upconvert to 1080i thru the VGA Cable! Thats the only way the XBOX will upconvert!

Cheers

Whit

yeah i have the 360 but i dont want to use it as the dvd player all the time, the fan in it makes a lot of noise ( i have the extra fan on it to keep it cool ) and i already thought of the ps3 but then again i have to buy all blue ray disc and if i just get an upconverting dvd player i can use all the dvd i already own.

Blue ray player will read standard disks too.. I dont know if it upconverts though.

edit: quick search says it won't upconvert but will play standard def disks for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using my 360 for upconverting for about 4 months now and its great!

Just need teh VGA cable!

If you are looking for some AV info... check out a website forum calle www.avsforum.com

Great place!

Cheers

Whit

samsung makes a dvd player for around $110 DVD-HD860 at bestbuy. it is very good and there is also a lg that is very good also for the same price, but being a home theater installer for magnolia, i think the samsung is better picture

I have a Panasonic DMR-E75VS DVR/DVD-R/VCR that does a fine job of up-converting DVD content through HDMI. I'd highly recommend it, especially as a great DVR as well.

Latest posts