"Unstoppable" is a crock of crap movie

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
I've seen the various previews and so has my dad, a retired railroad worker. It's done so badly, it's as if they never hired any professional railroad consultants to assure authenticity.

Here's what dad pointed out about the following preview: A person can't break through a locomotive windshield. It's bullet-resistant glass. A locomotive doesn't explode when it derails. A locomotive cannot simply bust through a box car. It would derail. A runaway train happens so fast that the cops or others don't have time to react, let alone form an army of police cars. The quickest way to stop a runaway train is to spend five minutes and remove a section of rail.

If that's just what's wrong with a two-minute preview, I'd hate to see what he'd have to say about the whole movie.

Hey Mark, everything is "fake" these days. I worked with ammunition and explosives for 20 yr in the AF. I love seeing these guys shoot 1000 rounds of 20 MM ammo out of a .762 weapon and have it come from a 5.56 ammo can. Plus all this ammo is in their back pocket. AND they never run out! I still think Unstoppable would be a good action film.

c54dae2e3305811886df0e9df667652c._.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this movie supposed to be based on a true story? All of those effects are proabably put in for the entertainment value though, regardless if it actually did or could happen.

Hasn' tthis been done before in the movies? Runaway train I mean. I reember seeing a movie that had a runaway train in it and it was filmed in the winter....

Im like LaRue, I dealt with alot of ordinance in "nam, including reusing captured.

If I was to pick apart everything about that, and what i know about autos and explosions.

I would never be able to enjoy, modern action flicks.

The whole story on CSX 8888 in the link below. You'll note that in the actual scenario, the RR pretty much went by the book, and there were no Hollywood-style incidents along the way. There were, however, parades of emergency vehicles as the train covered quite a distance before being stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts