"Universal MAF "What will this do

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith wallace01ST

Reaction score
Well guys i have done lots and learned lot know i am thinking about adding a Universal MAF What will this do to the trac and will i blow it up

I have added the zabtec tb ,the true cold air and know i have the xcall and tunes and i love it so i was thinking of adding the Universal MAF or the sct big air???/\

Will this add better fuel economy and more horse power

What dose this do?????

Is this the next step for the trac????

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith are you talking about that plastic Spectra thing ????

Once you change your MAF to a larger one, you should get new tunes for your xcal, and I am sure both of our site sponsors don't have tunes for the spectra plastic junk....

I do sell the larger C&L MAF, and that is proven to work...

Todd Z

todd

That is the part I am thinking about I want to know what does it do...I know I can news tunes that is cool I am curious as to what is do does it do and what would I accomplish with it???

I am not putting in the plastic junk in fact if I could get an aluminum tb I would: lol::lol::lol:

I did see an aluminum product called big on sctflasher.com???

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Yes, that pic is the C&L unit that I sell.....

It is a larger MAF that allows more air to flow through into the engine...

IT works under the same principal as the TB... More air, the computer adds more fuel, = MORE POWER !!!....

You only need a MAF that is 3 inches in dia since the intake tubes and TB are only 3 inches...

Putting a 75 MM or larger Maf such as the proM or the SCT unit dont do any thing since the intake and stuff is smaller...

Todd Z

cool because i thinking on using your maf todd this is why i want to know what it dose and what the purpose is

it is sorry dude see you have tought me more about this....

So this will eliminate the choking efffect that the stock one dose... because the stock one is goes from 3 to 2.5 to 3...

This means more and better pulling if i was towing a trailer and playing with some chevy s10 with a 4.3 v6 lololo

Do i need to upgrade the sensor when i do this or do i use the stock one??????

Thannks again any one on the site have this done...

You use your stock sensor.... The OEM sensor is good up to about 400 HP...

Todd Z

Hey Keith I replyed to your email and basically answeres the same questions you asked here. If you would like to give me a call my number is in the email as well...

Paul H

Man this is way off and Todd trust me I know you have the best intentions here. There is so much more involved in getting the proper signal out of the MAF. Today is so unlike say 10 years ago in regards to the bigger is better theory going on here.

So what truly happens when you increase the tube diameter and leave the MAF electronics and the transfer function the same ? Voltage decreases therefore performing the opposite task by making the PCM think there is less fuel needed. Yes at part throttle you have a 25%+/- window of adjustment that will come into play with closed loop but at OL/WOT its going to add fuel based on the current transfer function and base fuel table andwill lean it out.

Now of course this can be recalibrated correctly after the fact with proper WB02 and sensor data feedback. This is why in almost all situations nowadays unless your hitting the 5v ceiling leave the maf alone.

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.FastPartsNetwork.com

http://www.UnleashedTuning.com

Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator

Yes, that pic is the C&L unit that I sell.....

It is a larger MAF that allows more air to flow through into the engine...

IT works under the same principal as the TB... More air, the computer adds more fuel, = MORE POWER !!!....

You only need a MAF that is 3 inches in dia since the intake tubes and TB are only 3 inches...

Putting a 75 MM or larger Maf such as the proM or the SCT unit dont do any thing since the intake and stuff is smaller...

Todd Z

Torrie,

Hence why i said in an earlier post above:

Once you change your MAF to a larger one, you should get new tunes for your Xcal,

Because of all the reasons you stated above...

I know he was planing on getting tunes, SO I was looking out for him so he can get the tight tune and have the truck run right, and not cause any problems because of the leaner mix...

My statement that you quoted was a continuation of what i quoted in the earlier post...

Todd Z

Perfect !

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.FastPartsNetwork.com

http://www.UnleashedTuning.com

Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator

Latest posts