Unbelievable gift!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
Yesterday my skeet and trap club threw a big party, honoring me as President of the club. Months of planning and a lot of volunteers with close to 100 attendees were there. We even had filet mignon and eggs for breakfast. I received some very nice gifts, but when one member had another "drive " something onto the field, I was blown away. It's a 1 year old Honda Fourtrax Rancher 4x4 ATV. I would joke with my friend, Phil Spalla, who had a recent health scare, that turned out ok btw, that he should leave me his ATV if something should ever happened to him. Well, he is very well off and the gift was from him. Here is a generic photo, and yes, the ATV is orange.[Broken External Image]:

I have the same model, bought a few months ago as a 2015. I love mine, its a great all-around quad. I've logged right at 1800 miles since November![Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you are well liked by your friends, congratulations on your new bike.

You have to go get it dirty now, nothing sadder than a perfectly clean quad.

Honestly as far as winches go, Warn is pretty much the leader...but with that comes about a $350 price tag + about a $60 mount.

Personally on my previous bike I ran a "Traveller" brand 2500 lb. winch from Tractor Supply and built my own mount. I was quite suprised, I never had any issues with it whatsoever, It seems pretty well built. It was submerged more times than I can count and still kept going. For the $80 price tag it was a good investment, Paid for itself and then some. My neighbor has the same brand in an 8000 lb mounted to a flatbed F350, I've seen it pull mud trucks out of pits a few times and pulling equipment onto trailers with no issue.

On my RAZR, I decided to try a 3500 lb. winch from SuperATV that I had heard good reviews of. I got it mainly for the safety factor of having synthetic rope instead of steel cable. I feel that it was a big mistake, the free-spool knob seems cheaply made and the synthetic rope ended up busting on the 3rd pull (It was also submerged and it seemed to just disintegrate after sitting in the sun for a few weeks.) I'd rather have the security of steel cable when it comes down to it.

I also have several buddies who run MileMarkers with no complaints...they're usually used 3-5 times each time we ride, Which is at least once a week. I haven't decided what I'm running on this one yet, At minimum it needs to be a 2500 lb. but I'm leaning towards going with a 3500 lb. More than likely I'll end up getting another Traveller in the 3500 lb. I think the few extra dollars and the bit more battery draw are worth the tradeoff for the extra capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts