Ugly Air Dam After BL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to fix this? Cheap? I've got a few things in mind, but wanted to see if there were any better ideas. I'm going to try to get new brackets for the tow hooks, but I don't think that will fix all the ugliness down there. If it will, I'd like to see some picture proof before I waste money on something else.

[Broken External Image]:

Just for clarification, I'm not talking about the ugly gray cladding. That's for another day. Just the ugly air dam.

Oops, never mind they're tow hooks.

(Was thinking of a bolt on bumper grill) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
You could put some of that mesh stuff down there...or try to find something similar to the top grill and put it there. It'll hide the stuff behind it.

Are you talking about the opening in the bumper? Or the small black air foiler under the bumper? The air foiler is engineered to redirect air at highway speeds.

Yeah, not sure if it's the opening or the actual black air dam under the bumper, but here's a solution for the openings.

[Broken External Image]:

You could use some rectangular fog/offroad lights and mount them to the frame ends. They would cover the frame ends. I just painted the frame ends and new bolts black to blend in better, flat black works best to blend.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm concerned about the unsightly openings.

I would only do the grill if I could get the honeycomb to match. I don't even want to look to find how hard that is to find and how expensive.

Jerry, paint was one of my options, but I don't think its enough. It would definitely help with the non-matching bolt. I like the idea of the lights as a temporary fix. I think I have some laying around. I'll check it out.

A brush guard is definitely in the plans. Probably a couple months away, though.

Thanks. I do like that. I'll put it on the short list.