Ubuntu 11.04 based File Server For Sale

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
I am probably going to be putting this on Craigslist and on eBay for "local pickup only", but thought that maybe some members in southeastern PA might be interested too...

Custom-built computer server for sale. Built in 2002. Used 24x7 for 6 years. Details below:

Case: Enermax FS-710 ATX Full Tower Case w/ power supply

Motherboard: ASUS A7V333 Motherboard

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1900+

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Graphics - Leadtek WinFast A170 TH - graphics adapter, GF4 MX 440, 64 MB

Memory: 1GB RAM (one DIMM)

Storage: 80GB HDD

I/O Devices: a. DVD - internal DVD R/W drive, unknown manufacturer, model

b. CD- Plextor Plexwriter Model PX-W4012TA internal CD Drive

c. 3.5" drive - unknown manufacturer, model

Operating System: Ubuntu 11.04, all updates, dvd decryptor installed

Description: This was a business server that I used for my small company from 2002 until appropiximately 2008 when I turned it off. Just recently I started it up, cleaned it inside and out, and wiped its hard drive and installed Ubuntu 11.04 (latest version), the Ubuntu updates and the DVD decryptor library so that it can play DVD movies, which it does.

I used the server for several hours over several days just to make sure it is all still in working order as it was a few years back. It is very responsive. It boots quickly to the Ubuntu desktop, and loads programs and website very quickly. It would make a great, low cost file server for your home, home office, or small business. Just buy and install a larger IDE hard drive and you are off and running.

At this point, I am either going to part this server and sell it, piece by piece on eBay, or I am going to sell it as a complete unit either on eBay with local-pickup only, or on Craigslist (or both).

I will throw in a Microsoft mouse and keyboard (both biege, both PS/2 connected).

Also available is a large, 19" Viewsonic CRT monitor.

Let me know if you are interested. Make me an offer on the server, the monitor, or both. Local pickup only...sorry!

eBay listing linked below as it has pictures:

Last edited by a moderator: