Two things I wish were different

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taco Jackson

Reaction score
1. I wish the doors all auto-unlocked when you put it in park or pull the driver door handle, just like they lock when you put it in drive. Owned the Trac for 6 months now, and every day I "still" pull into a parking space, park, get out, go to open the backseat door and it's locked. Always forget to unlock all doors, since the driver door unlocks when you pull the handle.

2. I wish I could silence the turn signal. I cannot stand the overly loud clicking, so basically I quit using turn signals now, which Im sure isn't doing me any safety benefits.

Had a brain f--t for a minute , I was just thinking that you could program the door locks so that they won't lock like that . I know that you can deprogram some of the bells and whistles but now that I think about it , I'm not sure about the door locks . I gotta go get my manual out again ; be back in just a bit !:blink:

You can not program them to auto un-lock BUT you can deprogram them and stop them from auto locking.......

you have to do something with the numerical keypad on the door......

I agree. And I also think I should be allowed to unlock all the doors with ONE push of the remote fob. But of course, thanks to greedy lawyers, Ford will not program the doors that way even though they can. That's just happened in the last few years too because they did it for me on my 2001 Lincoln LS but they won't do it anymore.

Sorry, I added a new message instead of replying to yours. there is a project to do the Auto- unlock!!

For my wifes saftey, Iam glad the doors stay locked until she is ready, especially at night. For that matter myself included....:D

I am glad the back doors don't unlock when I get out. It keeps my fiancee's grandchildren from jumping out and running into traffic when we are exiting the vehicle.

I added the System 6 OEM Ford alarm system on my 05 ST, and all doors unlock with the disarm button. One push of the remote FOB.

That install was interesting needless to say:rolleyes:

Mark S

I suggested that at the meet in 2003. Everyone thought I was stupid for mentioning it.

If you can program the system to turn off, why not give me, the owner...the person that spent MY money, the option to have it?

Tom

If all the doors unlocked when you put it in Park, then someone could jump in from the other side (in my case they'd say hello to Mr. 9mm, but that's another story). I've followed the directions in the owner's manual to disable it, just tried again yesterday, but it won't stop.

I have a kid so I am glad the back doors do not unlock automatically.

Here are my 2 suggestions:

I wish there were a light on the dash letting you know when the tailgate is open/down - no buzzer, just a simple light; and I wish the tailgate locks were tied into the door locks.

Farout, There is a mod and project for hooking the tailgate lock to your keyless door looks via a cheap actuator you can get of eBay for less than $10. The whole project cost me less than $20 what with misc wire and connectors, and took about 2 hours.

Thanks TJR, I want to try that mod once I get some free time! I have a few other items that my ST needs first; Tonneau cover, bed extender, a decent radio (the last owner stripped these items! but I got the ST for such a good deal, hey - gotta start somewhere!)

Same here, Fer. For as long as I can remember, all my doors unlocked automatically after turning off the engine. After reading this thread I guess this has something to do with my alarm system.