Two single DINs, in our Double DIN

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a dash kit made so that we can fit do single DINs in our double DIN? I want to put a Pioneer N3 on the top DIN, and then an Pioneer EQ under it. I know this is possible, im just looking for the easy way out :lol:

there is a member that has completed that. His user name is Krash and here is a picture of his setup. If you type in "double din" or his user name you will be able to locate more help.

Jason

[Broken External Image]:

I have two single dins in my trac but our opening is not quite large enough without doing a little modification to make them fit. I personally like the look better of the two single dins and I find it much more convenient to have the DVD player in the dash.

Dan

[Broken External Image]:

Bengalsfan what kind of modifications did you have to do to make it fit? I want to do the same with the DVD and CD player. Then hook up sunvisor monitors and a roof mount flipdown monitor.

Andrew - you will need to do a little filing of the opening to allow both units to fit. Not very difficult to do just take your time and be patient. I also had to modify the trim kit that I used to work with my setup. I had to cut out the little piece that went between the units so my cd player would open properly.

Also depending on what all you are adding you may want to look into an aux-in selector. I have added a Sony XA300 in my glove box to accomodate my electronics. It gives you 3 more inputs, supports USB input and has a headphone out. I needed it for XM.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts