Turn on Temperature Display?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
When the sunlight hits the display in my 2012 Fusion just right I can see that it has an External Temperature display built into the radio. This currently doesn't function. My fusion has bazillions of functions but lacks this basic one.

Does anyone know if I could just buy a thermometer from a place like our sponsor and enable it? I don't want to start dissecting the dash to check connections if I don't have to.:banana:

KL, I can't speak to this specific radio--but 20 years ago I briefly worked for AC Delco. They would frequently use a master faceplate display on a large number of radio designs, with the faceplate obviously able to display the features of all the different radios. If a radio's hardware didn't have certain capabilities built into it, the portion of the display designed to be dedicated to those features simply wouldn't get hooked up, as there is nothing in that particular radio to hook it up to. Making those radios capable of having those features wasn't simply a matter of adding an accessory--it would have meant going into the radio unit and physically altering the radio's contents, and then connecting that to the display. In other words, next to impossible.

If you do want to investigate further, I would highly recommend figuring out your radio's model number (often, but not always, on the faceplate; it may also be listed in your owner's manual), and seeing if there's a separate manual for it available online. If there is, and if there is any option to add an accessory to gain this function, it should be spelled out there. But I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

Good luck!

Latest posts