Tune-up results...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John A

Reaction score

Just wanted to share some results from a recent tuneup.

Items tackled:

Seafoam Cleaning: After completing this fairly easy task, improvement in performance was very noticable... This stuff really works!!! For those in Canada, you can pick up a can for $10 at partsource.

Throttlebody and IAC cleaning: Once I got to it, they were pretty dirty. Rags and Carb cleaner made them look like new.

Spark Plugs and Wires: Bought plugs and wires from dealership (approx $110), this was tricky with the 2 and 3 plugs. Old one were pretty black and burnt. If you're going to tackle this, PLEASE take off the passenger side wheel as others had given me the heads up, these plugs are tricky to get to with very little room. Patience helps too!

PCV Valve: With the help of Todd Z's project, this was fairly simply, knowing which way to unlock it and the right set of pliers. The rattle on the old one was still there but not as good as new one.

Well, this was a first time for me and was a little hesitant before tackling them, but with the projects layed out from our fellow tracer's it went smoothly...

Thanks for the projects guys! (Todd Z, Paul M, John B!)

Info on my Trac:

2003 4x2 w/ LSD

80,000KMs

Haven't been able to see if my MPG increases, but noticing the difference on performance and acceleration, getting to 120-140km on the highway is effortless! I'm sure the MPG's will increase...

Thanks again...John A

Latest posts