tune up n brakes recomendations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam ferrell

Reaction score
I have heard to only use motorcraft plugs. Has anyone used something

else with good results and what brake pads does everyone use on st? I have a 04 by the way

Most stock or nearly stock engines run best with the OEM plugs...Ford does best with Motorcraft, GM's run best with AC, etc

I think most people prefer any brake pad over the OEM pads. They were perticularly bad in the early years with excessive wear, lots of brake dust, squealing, and poor braking power.

I have used Raybestos Quiet Stop Carbon Ceramic pads on my 2001 ST and they had good stopping power, no squeal, and minimal brake dust. Since then there are many other brands available which are way better than the OEM.

...Rich

I just did my front pads. I used the Monroe ceramic pads and love them so far. Hasn't been a week yet but they have about 400 kms on them and so far so good....no noise and excellent stopping power.:supercool:

Ditto on the Wagner ThermoQuiet Ceramic Pads. (Amazon $50 Shipped)

$15 Mail In Rebate through 4/30 Thursday ($15 each pair)

Don't know regarding the Spark Plugs.

I've read use only OEM Autolite or Motorcraft.

At 53K now and can wait until around 100K. (Not an easy job)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, do the plug wires also. Some may breakup on removal anyway. I would go with a good spiral wound wire replacement.