TSBs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is everyone SO hung up with abbreviations for things. I dont think im the only person in the world that doesnt know what everyones abbrivations mean or stand for??!!:haveabeer:

I see in various place on the net that TSB number but that is not the correct numerical format for TSB's .

Tell me what the subject of the TSB's you want is and I'll get what's available for you.

One of the references was for "moan" another clicking steering column ???????

TSB 05-20-11 : VIBRATION/MOAN DRIVING 75-80 MPH (121-129 KM/H) - 4X4 WITH 4.10 AXLE

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the one I'm looking for. The subject is "virbration while driving at highway speeds".

The problem is I'm getting a vibration at between 60-65 mph and I'm wondering if it's a drive shaft balance issue or something else.

If there are TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) that cover this so I can talk to my mechanic about it.

Coleman,

See if you have the steel drive shaft, if so, the TSB is for a replacement aluminum shaft.

The early Tracs including some 2003 Tracs had this as a common issue.

You are probably out of coverage unless you have some sort of extended coverage, but at least you know what you are looking for now...

Check your mail. Sent you two TSB's but they specify speeds in excess of 72 mph. Too much info to post here.

How long has it had this vibration & how severe?

If you're a Weird Al fan, TSB stands for "The Saga Begins."

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEcjgJSqSRU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEcjgJSqSRU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Steve, thanks for the TSBs!!!

I had the rack and pinion replaced, and that's when I noticed it. That new rack has since been replaced because the one I got was faulty (long story), but the vibrartion is still there even with the new rack and after a tire rotation.

I need to get the tires balanced, I've just been too busy. Hopefully that will fix it, but if not I was wondering where to look after that.

The vibration is more in the seats, but I can feel it a bit in the wheel.

The longer you leave the shaft installed, assuming it is the issue, the more potential for worn seals and faster wearing of punkin gears.

That said, it can last for THOUSANDS of miles, but it will eventually affect other parts.

Attn: Jerry (Pudgedaddy)

Like all other abbreviations and acronyms, TSB = "Google Search".

Only answer for my computer illiteracy, it works for me. Nuff said. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts