~ TSB's 2008 2WD V8-4.6L

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2008 Ford Truck Explorer Sport Trac 2WD V8-4.6L.

TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title

07S56 AUG 07 Recall - A/T Cooler Line Leakage/Fire Potential

TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title

08-5-9 MAR 08 A/C - Thumping From Dash On Heat With Blower On High

08-5-1 MAR 08 Audio System - Radio Won't Seek Sirius(R) Radio Channels

08-4-2 MAR 08 Engine - Cold Start Drive Belt Whistle/Hoot Noise

08-4-16 MAR 08 Engine, A/T Controls - Bump While braking

08-2-8 FEB 08 Brakes - Abnormal Brake Pedal Feel

08-2-6 FEB 08 Wheels - 18 Inch Wheel Popping/Snapping Noises

07-25-2 DEC 07 Body - Rattle Noise From Tailgate

07-26-6 DEC 07 Engine Controls - MIL ON/DTC P0456 Set

07-25-10 DEC 07 Interior - Outside Seat Cushion Shield is Loose

07-24-6 DEC 07 Brakes - Rear Brake Rattle Over Bumps

07-23-2 NOV 07 A/T - Delayed Engagement/Hesitation/Bump on Decel

07-23-4 NOV 07 Wheels/Tires - Popping Noise From Wheels When Turning

07-19-7 OCT 07 A/C - Compressor Thumping Noise

07-5-13 MAR 07 Battery - Discharges After Vehicle Storage

Last edited by a moderator:
can that list get any longer :eek:

i just noticed the popping noise on my front drivers side wheel while backing up the past few days. i thought it was the fine pice of "chrome" crap wheel overlay cracking.

What is the detail on the "popping noise from wheels when turning" (07-23-4)?? Is this TSB just for 2WD, or 4WD??

Mine is 4WD, and I hear something like a popping noise when I make u-turns and sharper turns from time to time. I'm due to take mine in for scheduled oil change / maintainence.

svt asks:
2008 Ford Truck Explorer Sport Trac, not to include 07's??

A TSB defines a recommended fix for an issue. Each TSB describes the issue symptoms along with the make and model year of the vehicle in which the issue was observed. Clearly TSBs are not related to "one-off" type issues, and we can assume Ford is seeing the issue in a TSB often in the field in order to warrant the TSB issuance.

If you have an '08 ST and there is a TSB for an '08 ST then that TSB should be of concern to you IF and ONLY IF you are having the symptoms described. If you have an '07 or earlier ST and are observing symptoms described in TSB reported for an '08 (or even some other year), then that TSB still should be of concern to you because somes issues keep getting reported year after year as each new model year comes out. You might want to search TSBs for a similar problem for your model year if you have a particular symptom.

Remember, a TSB is not a recall. You can't simply look up a TSB and take your ST to your dealer and give them a copy of the TSB and demand the maintenance....even IF your ST is exhibiting the described symptoms. The dealer will take your mention of the TSB under advisement, and if they can reproduce the issues you describe AND the work to resolve should be done under warranty then the dealer MIGHT consider the remedy in the TSB when fixing your ST. The dealer might, however, indicate that they cannot reproduce the problem,; or even worse, they might say that they can reproduce it but that it isn't a "severe problem", or that it doesn't "represent a safety issue", and therefore deny any request to fix it under warranty. Such happened to me several times with my ST.

Good luck.

TJR

TSB Article 07-23-4 has been superseded.

New:

TSB 08-2-6 POPPING/SNAPPING NOISE - FRONT OR REAR 18 INCH WHEELS - TURNING AT SLOW SPEED BELOW 10 MPH (16KM/H)

ISSUE:

Some 2007-2008 Explorer, Sport Trac, and Mountaineer vehicles built prior to 8/17/2007 and 2007 Edge, MKX vehicles built prior to 8/24/2007 and equipped with 18 inch wheels may exhibit a noise coming from the front or rear wheel(s) while turning the steering wheel at speeds lower than 10 MPH (16 Km/h). The noise may be coming from the chrome cladding that attaches to the rim.

EDIT: Lyonpride, from your profile, it doesn't look like your wheels are the chrome clading type.

wow, i was right.

it is the crap "chrome" clad overlay !

i am waiting for them to crack even more than have :angry:

so what is the fix? ford gives us a real chrome wheel !

[Broken External Image]:

thanks TJR, I understand what a TSB is and what it entales. I was going off of Lyonpride's questions concerning his ST. So in your words, the TSB for an '08 would not be connected to an '07 anyway. I will pay more attention when it actually concerns my truck. thanks

Sondra

svt1848, I would think that the 08 tsb does pertain to your '07. As Hal pointed out one of the '07 tsb's has been superseded by an 08. If the part in question is still the same I would say it does pertain. JMO

svt (aka Sondra) said:
So in your words, the TSB for an '08 would not be connected to an '07 anyway.

I never said that, nor tried to imply that.

I said:
If you have an '07 or earlier ST and are observing symptoms described in TSB reported for an '08 (or even some other year), then that TSB still should be of concern to you because some issues keep getting reported year after year as each new model year comes out. You might want to search TSBs for a similar problem for your model year if you have a particular symptom.

Not sure how I can say it more clearly.

Any symptom you see on any year ST that has been described in a TSB for any year should still be considered and may be meaningful to the dealer service center when attempting to reproduce and repair.

TJR

We have been very fortunate with our ST when it comes to any issues, only one problem so far, that was addressed before we found a TSB. And to me sometimes, its just a truck, my daily driver, hop in and go! It is definately different with one of the hot rods. I understand keeping previous years TSB informative, but the dealer still will do nothing about it. Thanks, we look forward to little trouble as we turn 35K. Appreciate your feedback though~

08-4-16 MAR 08 Engine, A/T Controls - Bump While braking

Just had the fix action done on this one yesterday. So far it is a TON better.....I will keep you all informed on how it does over the weekend! The Dealership was kinda throwing a fit over my Intake and coils when they did the work....sayign that this could have something to do with my "Surging" problems.....BULL $H!T

Anyone else had this TSB done?

How did it fair over the long run?

wow, i was right.

it is the crap "chrome" clad overlay !

Gary s., so you think Ford is the only one doing this, Chyrsler has been doing it for years.

i am waiting for them to crack even more than have

so what is the fix? ford gives us a real chrome wheel !

What do you care, you've been telling us for months you were getting rid of you ST...

Looks like Les woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Just because someone is getting rid of a vehicle doesn't mean they shouldn't be taken care of anyway.

Latest posts