TSA Screener Job Requirements

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
While perusing Monster.com for potential jobs, I came across a posting for a TSA Screener. I about fell out of my chair looking at the requirements/qualifications, so I thought I'd share the humor:

As a Transportation Security Screener:

You will perform a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft. You will be responsible for identifying dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and/or on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft. You are required to perform various tasks such as: wanding, pat down searches, operation of x-ray machines, lifting of baggage (up to 70 pounds), and screening and ticket review using electronic and imaging equipment. As a Transportation Security Screener, you may perform passenger screening, baggage screening or both. You are expected to perform these duties in a courteous and professional manner.

* Continuously and effectively interact with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a reasonable tone and manner.

* Maintain focus and awareness within an environment containing numerous distractions, people, and noise.:blink:

* Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting.

* Lift and/or assist another individual to lift (from the ground) an object weighing 70 pounds.

* Work within a stressful environment, which includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life-threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.:wacko:

* Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.

Work Schedule:

Part-time (20-32) hours per week. Part-time work hours for this position consists of shift-work on any day from Sunday through Saturday which may include irregular hours, nights and week-end shifts, changing shifts, and split shifts. Specific work schedules will be determined by the airport.

1. You must be a U.S.Citizen or U.S. National; AND

2. You must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR at least one year of full-time work experience in security work, aviation screener work, or x-ray technician work.

In order to successfully perform this work, security screeners must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:

* English Proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)

* Mental Abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation):wacko:

* Interpersonal Skills (e.g., customer service, dependability):lol:

* Work Values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)

* Physical Abilities(e.g. repeatedly lifting and carrying baggage weighing at least 70 lbs, and identifying objects by touch).

All security screeners must meet the following standards:

* Distant vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in the worse eye

* Near vision correctable to 20/40 or better binocular

* Color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray) note: color filters (e.g., contact lenses) for enhancing color discrimination are prohibited.

* Hearing as measured by audiometry cannot exceed: a) an average hearing loss of 25 decibels (ANSI) at 500, 1000, 2000 and 3000Hz in each ear, b) single reading of 45 decibels at 4000 Hz and 6000 Hz in each ear

* Adequate joint mobility, dexterity and range of motion, strength, and stability (to lift and move at least 70 pounds), as well as a complete medical evaluation including cardiovascular system, hypertension, etc.

Conditions of Employment:

To be considered for employment, you must be able to:

I could do that job. I have been an X-Ray tech for 10 years.

I think I will pass on that one.

Tom

Have you seen this pic ? Airport screeners gone too far....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: