Trying to add a Nav/Sub to 09 Basic Audio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, There is a White 09 STA down the street..."I want it" and it just has the basic audio. I need a wiring diagram of the 09 to tell if it has all that it needs for an install of the Nav/System. I know that the subwoofer wires isn't there but I could run just that but I was curious if the i travel buttion sync would work also if I bought a Nav unit. Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
The NAV shouldn't be an issue as long as make sure you get the antennae. I had thought about adding a factory sub to mine but when I went looking for the wiring in the rear of the cab I doscovered that it wasn't there. The SYNC on the other hand may be a bigger issue and will require the module, rear view mirror, new steering wheel at the least, and the most important thing of all is that you will need an IDS to recongifure your vehicle for the different equipment once it is installed.

I just took the factory 6 disc changer w/sirius out of my '07. Replaced with Pioneer AVIC-F90BT. I looked into the factory nav system upgrade too, but people want too much for them on EBay. I got my whole system with voice control, DVD, 3D nav, IPod control, Sirius, Bluetooth, SD card, back-up camera, MSN direct with live weather, traffic, movie showings, local news/events, stock, and gas prices for $1100. The price has come down even more since then. That also included all adapter harnesses for easy hook-up to ST and use of factory steering wheel controls. Got it from Crutchfield.com...

I just took the factory 6 disc changer w/sirius out of my '07. Replaced with Pioneer AVIC-F90BT. I looked into the factory nav system upgrade too, but people want too much for them on EBay. I got my whole system with voice control, DVD, 3D nav, IPod control, Sirius, Bluetooth, SD card, back-up camera, MSN direct with live weather, traffic, movie showings, local news/events, stock, and gas prices for $1100. The price has come down even more since then. That also included all adapter harnesses for easy hook-up to ST and use of factory steering wheel controls. Got it from Crutchfield.com...

That is what I did but a put the pioneer z-3 nav and I love it.