TrueCar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 2

Reaction score
I've always searched through a lot of reviews and pricing guides available online and from other people before purchasing a new vehicle, but I had never happened upon this site before.

Looks to me like it will be very useful to someone looking at a new vehicle purchae. Hope it helps someone.

999,999 sound like a prime # to sell. "Some people" like to buy only high mileage cars. Thanks KL, All this time I thought it would roll over to zero again!

If it rolls over to zero then I'm stopping at 999,999 because no one would buy a car that old (to have gotten almost a million miles) which had an odometer sitting near zero.

Plus, I'd loose my bragging rights (lol) because there'd be no way to easily prove that I've gone over a million miles.

Inactivity kills cars faster than driving them does.

Indy was wrong--it's not the mileage, it's the years (of sitting inactive and dry rotting away).

My '05 ST XLS is my first car purchase since 1989. I bought an Accord DX that served me well after 187K. It was the only car I've owned that wasn't a Ford. I'm baaaack!

I felt like I woke after a 20 year hibernation. My biggest concern was ODO "rolling". Was this only an issue with analog odometers? After speaking to many "experts", manipulating an electronic ODO is extremely difficult, if not impossible without expensive equipment. Back then it was a felony to alter the mileage. Probably still is. That did little to deter some people from doing it anyway. The almighty $$$. Lower mileage translates to higher resale value. Really?

Also the benefits of history reports such as Carfax or Experian. I have a friend that wants a used ST since he drove mine. He has a "Toy" named after a city in Washington State known for rain, not cars. LOL. Feedback appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Last edited by a moderator: