Tread Belt Shift - Goodyears RT/S

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
I've been having a rythmatic "thump" noise coming from the front 2 tires. I rotated and now coming from the rear. I went to a couple of tire shops and they are telling me the belts have seperated. The tire appears fine, no visual problems, 46,000 miles on the tires. I've done some research and other people have had issues with blow outs on RT/S. The shop told me its a matter of time before a dramtic blow out (tread on the side of the highway). They can warrenty claim the tires so I would get $80 for 2 off the total bill.

The replacement tire is Pirelli ATR.

Has anyone had this problem?

About 2 yrs ago, one of our members did. The gy rts belt seperated on the left front. Almost tore the fender off. He posted pics, dont remember who it was. It Was a white ST. He was on the highway going camping.

I work at goodyear, and this happens from time to time. If it shakes or thumps at any speed, then they are seperated. try and feel on the the tire and it should feel a little wavy, or look in the light and you should be able to see the seperation. Most likely they arent lieng about it, especially if you have been to a few shops. Get them replaced soon, it will be worth it.

Boodro

Latest posts