Travel Trailer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
I have an 01 trac with 107,000 mi on it. 4x4. What is the biggest travel trailer you think I could tow/ I would want to use it a lot to go camping on weekends and summer vacations.

Thanks.

I tow a 27ft lightweight starcraft w/ my '02 2wd w/ 170,000 on it w/o issues... keep what you get under the max weight (5250#, i think) , and get the trailer as long as you can ,as a long tongue aids in towing stability, IMO... You'll know it's back there, and you won't set any speed records, and you'll get 10-11 mpg.... Slideouts add 700-1000 lbs... The frontal area is important, minimize it if you can.. You'll also want equalizer bars and anti-sway control, and a tranny cooler..Change out your fluids before towing... One big improvement to mine was switching to LT tires, as the sidewalls are much stiffer and make towing in crosswinds almost a non-issue... do a search on towing, and you'll find a lot of info on the subject..

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a big trailer.

I had BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's on my '01 ST. They have a 6 ply tread and a 3 Ply side wall. Strongest sidewall I know of, great tire too.

Latest posts