Travel Trailer help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Im looking at some used travel trailers to haul around with the ST. We had a fold down until a couple months ago. Kids are getting bigger & I want to spend more time enjoying them & less time setting up. Curious if anyone here has some experience on what to look for. Trying to get a good deal avoid a lemon. Less money on camper gives me more to spend on mods:grin:

do a search with towing iin the category, it has been discussed a lot.... weight matters more than length, low frontal area helps. a long TT tows nicer... you'll need torsion bars and sway controls... LT tires help A LOT... see my lib for pics... slideouts add 1000#, stay away from them, IMHO.. tandem axle tow better, won't jar your contents apart... hybrids are nicem but you still have canvas to mess with,,, in a hybrid, look for tip-out canvas sections, not slideout... slideouts take up interior space when not deployed...

I have an 2000 25' trail lite great camper tows easly i have towed it across louisiana with no issues. Last time i stopped at the scales i was almost 10000 with everything in the truck and the family and camper.

Latest posts