Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase Straw

Reaction score
So today getting on the freeway by my house I slammed the accelerator to the floor and the tranny slipped bad, rpms shot up to 6 grand. the first time since I have owned it that it has slipped. Once I got on the freeway it would not go into overdrive. The other thing I noticed is that if I move the gear selector into 2 or 1 it does nothing and acts like it is in neutral. My Trac has 120,000 miles on it. Is there anything thing I can do like replace the valve body or valve body seal. On a side note, putting the gear selector in 1 has never done anything but 2 used to work. Finally if it is just the relacement of the seal or body, how much will that cost me and are the parts only available from ford?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the gear selector in 1 never did anything your valve body probably has been leaking all that time. If you can not engine brake when shifting to 1 your valve body is leaking. I would say your tranney is going to need some major work now.

Latest posts