Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bendfeldt

Reaction score
Is the dreaded transmission bump something thats covered? I've only got 18K and the trac is not shifting into low until you make a complete stop and then its kind of a clunk. Is this just some sort of a reprograming thing and are most of the dealerships successfull at fixing the problem?

Tnanks

Benny

The latest TSB reflash will take care of it. Haven't had any problems since I had mine done going on 20K miles now . . .

Borrowed from earlier post:

TSB = Transmission Starts Bumping

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto. Just had mine done and fixed the problem. Mine was also under warranty thus no charge.

The technician will take a portable analyzer as part of the flash and will drive the car to "adapt" the transmission quickly to the appropriate drive characteristics.

Bringing this thread back rather than starting a new one.

I've heard of the numerous issues regarding the "Transmission bump" in the Gen2 V8's. I have a 2009 Adrenalin and thought my ST would not be affected. Everybody mentioned the TSB's but i figured '09 should be already up to date.

I was feeling a bump but only when coming to a stop quickly. Not a big issue but i had it checked anyway and they told me my transmission had the latest tranny software. Well now at approximately 9k miles and possibly due to the cold weather i am getting a bump and its very obvious. I thought it was in my head till my girlfriend said your car is acting weird.

Rather than deal with the dealers i wanted to check back here to see if there has been a new TSB for the tranny since February and if anyone knows the details so i can be sure it gets done when i get it serviced.

Benny, I had mine done about 6 months ago and the difference is astounding. However, if you by chance have an Xcal3 get ready for an unpleasant surprise. When they did mine they apparently completely reprogrammed the entire ECU which changed the code requiring me to change Xcals and get new tunes. If you do not have one you will love the difference. At first it will seem sluggish but after the learning curve you will have better performance that before. I guess they programmed it upto currrent production specs.:smile0015:

Latest posts