transmission Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Brandon

Reaction score
I have a 2008 v6 sport trac. On a small incline the truck rolls back in drive, like the transmission doesnt hold it. But on my 2001 Sport trac the tranny holds it better. Do any of you all newer sport tracs have this issue?

Yeah, my six speed does the same thing. It rolls about 3-4 inches before the parking pawl engages. Freaks out my wife everytime. I keep my foot on the brake until she just starts to get out, then I let it go. You'd think the world was coming to an end by how she screams!!! I do so love having fun with my truck. Bob :bwahaha:

:haveabeer:no worries most transmision will do this if you idle it up it will hold although you are actually sliping the belt and causing alot of heat in your transmission and you know that out come hold the brake untill ......

may the road be kind to ya

I do so love having fun with my truck. Bob

my wife will be watchin out the window and as i veer right into a shallow ditch i snore and she screams thats the best

enjoy

rod

My gen 1 only moves about 1" on incline, in park.

You might try adjusting the linkage. Seems like to much slack when pulling the parking pawl in. I have had it happen with mechanical linkage. Not on cable linkage.

If you do make and adjustment. Make sure all positions work as they should, before road trip.

Wife's Pilot has the "hill holder" feature. That thing won't roll back a bit unless I give it just a bit of throttle, then it rolls back and makes all kinds of groaning and deep complaints.

Latest posts