Transmission Fluid Change

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Taking Rodger's advice I changed the tranny (manual) fluid to Royal Purple this afternoon. While I had the truck on jacks I was going to change the differential fluid, or leastwise try to. :unsure:

I tried taking that damn filler bolt out of the differential for almost TWO HOURS!!! NOTHING!!! that thing wont budge! So, defeated, I moved on to the tranny. Those bolts came off with almost no resistance. What did surprise me was the black sludge that came out of there. Also, the bolt was caked with some black residue that didn't even resemble metal shavings. Once I got all that stuff out, I filled her up again and took her for a drive. I am amazed how much smoother she feels going down the road. (But i guess I shouldn't be considering the stuff I got out of there) It feels like I dont have to press the pedal as deep to get the same speeds. Anybody thinking about doing this, I highly recommend it!