tranny problem beat to death....part3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A S

Reaction score
well....I took it in on Monday and they replaced the shift solenoid and reprogrammed the computer.....seems to have fixed the problem.....which they say is very common on this tranny.....and now......the rough idle has started....only 24K on the truck......maybe the IAC is dirty....I'll try some different gas first......these trucks are consistent with their problems I guess......where would we be without this website...............thanks;)

I love my trac oil changed at 3000 miles(5w30 synthetic) trany flushed at every 25000.battery replaced every 3 years(optima yellow top)67000 miles replaced front ball joints a few months ago and replaced shocks.Drive trac fairly hard,yes runs like a champ.maintaince is a key factor most of the time.

I did read some where that a certain tranny issue can cause an idle problem.. Don't know if this is the reason, But i bet the computer is still learning to control the idle Give it a couple of days, clean the iac, IF not Bring it back!

Todd Z

Latest posts