tranny problem beat to death....part 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A S

Reaction score
well....I took the Trac to a different dealer and told them about the intermittent shifting issue and they just said to make an appointment to bring it in and have a "solenoid pack" installed....so I asked why they arent even going to test drive it and they said because since its an '03 and hasn't had the pack installed yet....then it should be done.....so on Monday...hurricane permitting....I will take it in for the install.......I did disconnect the battery terminal like some have suggested and guess what....it shifts better also.....this is driving me nuts......at least its under warranty......again......I want to thank all the great members of this site for your help...I'll repost after the job and let ya know what happens.......luv my truck and want to keep it forever..............here comes freakin Wilma....this crap is getting old......did I mention I live in florida......west coast....................thanks:blink:

Good luck brother. I'm here on the east coast, I know your gonna get things rougher than us. Hope you make it through just fine and the Trac gets fixed. :)