Trailor Hitch wiring bracket

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Beil

Reaction score
Okay, so I backed up a little to far into a parking space last night and didn't realize it until I went to leave that my hitch was resting on the concrete barrier behind the parking spot. I bent the bracket pretty damn good, can't bend it back and also messed up the wriring harness. Wiring harness is still kind of intact but the plastic piece that holds it together broke.

So I am looking for advice on where to get a new bracket and what to do with the wiring harness, the clip I was referring to in on the wires that go up into the truck somewhere, so i am not sure how i am going to replace this.

For the replacement plug/harness, try Wal_Mart, a trailer parts place, RV dealer, a boat store, or even FORD.

I got my bracket for my rv style plug at Uhaul.

To tie the wires out of the way, use a zip tie.

Sheesh! My bracket feels like it is made out of a tin can lid. It bends back and forth with just one finger pressure. Maybe I need a new bracket too.

Here are some pics of the bracket that I am talking about. Took it off to try to bend it back, no luck bending it back, now i can't get it back on, obviously becuase it is bent too bad.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts