trailer controller wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone please tell me where to look for the wires to plug in my brake controller, it has factory trailer towing with the 4 and 7 round plug but cant find any where to plug the brake controller in . its an 08 sport trac xlt HELP ME PLEASE IM PULLING OUT WHAT LITTLE HAIR I HAVE LEFT...

Read your owners manual. It will tell you exactly where it is.

Don't have an owners manual? Download one for free at the link below.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
On the 07 it is under the dash. As you are setting in the drivers seat it is on the back of the panel between the steering column and the emergency brake release. You have go get under the dash to see it. Take a flashlight with you on the adventure. Four prong with a blue wire if I remember correctly.

it must be behine the remote start box i pulled the panel off under the steering wheel and nothing one sight said in behind passengers glove box . i will look tomorrrow thanks also its an 2008

hey tom i checked the download out and it didnt show anything for the trailer brake controller wires , i need to find this as my new trailer is in and i need to tow it camping. thanks

The connector is on the extreme drivers side of the dash (between the steering column and the drivers side of the truck). You will need to lay on your back looking up under the dash. If I had driven my truck today I would have been able to give you an even better location description. If you already have the connector you should see which plug is similar.

ok this is what i did today to try and find that dam trailer brake controller plug , i took everthing that i could remove out of the wat on the drivers side,layed on my back with a light and still no plug, passengers side i removed the glove compartment door got on my back again and still nothing. on the drivers side way up high i seen a plug that was taped to the wiring harness so i cut it loose but thats not it these had 4 small wires and a really small plug. I'M LOST i did crawl under the rear to see if it had the big blue wire going in the plug and yes it does also i check the underhood fuse panel and the book showed which fuse it was and its there its a 30 amp fuse... i cant take it anymore i'm heading to ford to let them show me where the hell this thing is.... update to follow... paul

not good took it to ford and they say i dont know where it is either they got a call into ford so we will see.......this shouldnt be that hard......

There is a light grey open plug on the driver side on my 07 and I have the factory tow package. The plug is clipped solidly to the top side of the bottom lip of the dash panel, if that makes any sense. Looks to have four prongs, three up, one down. That is the only thing I can see that might be for a brake controller. Seems to be in the perfect location as well. I guess I will know in a couple of weeks as that is when my new trailer is due in.

Latest posts