Traded the Adrenalin in today... :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard Olsen

Reaction score
Well I decided to trade in my Adrenalin for this bad boy

8921dcb14d3243a6ba0f4bd08e2e8e6e.jpg

47fba39e7d3156ba598cd18aec3c5e48.jpg

05cfabd676a5547af4e83f8d955c23dc.jpg

92c1279347ed953ceff2c5263bfa7bcc.jpg

I had been driving by it for a good three weeks now and finally decided to stop by and see what the dealer wanted for it. He fell in love with my truck and instantly gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. With my family growing, I am gonna need this more than my Trac...bitter sweet though. The Adrenalin was a good truck but I just had to part ways because my family needs more room. Thanks for everything here on the site and it will be a site I still click on every morning of everyday.

Bernard

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice truck man but weren't you trying to sell your Trac to get something better on gas? I always liked the Avalanche (the concept truck more then what they produced but still a great truck). Not to be mosey but what'd you get for your Trac? It was easily KBB'd at $15-17k right, that's without all the add-ons, especailly since it was an Adrenelin. :supercool::driving:

Doesn't the Chevy hold as many people as the ST? I'm confused.

Rear footroom doesn't seem to come in anything besides minivans, my 2002 ST has more footwell space than a 2007 nissan maxima.

I'm kinda confused.

I also don't get it. If you like the new truck great for you but it basically looks like an even trade as far as trucks go. No upside other than personnel choice.

I love lifted Chevies and FabTech, they make me a ton of money in front end work.. Personally I would have kept the ADR but whatever floats your boat

@Jerry, Although I did mention that I needed something better on gas, this is not the answer. However, MacDill AFB just started to run a bus service that transports military men and women to and from base free of charge. This is going to be my main means of transportation for 4 of the 5 days outta the week. My wife also mentioned that if we were to transport large items, a car would not cut it. And the way the Army moves you around all the time, we needed a truck, a bigger one at that for future family additions. Plus my wife grew up driving Tahoes and Suburbans and feels way more comfortable driving the Avalanche than my Trac, regardless of the massive lift. Ultimately see is the deciding factor and the only one I try to please. The dealer gave me 10 for it considering it only blue books for 9 with 75000. Not being a 4X4 really hurt me on trade in value.

@KL, the Avalanche has a noticably more amount of room than my Trac. Have you ever sat in an Avalanche? I am a big guy, I used to have my seat all the way back and slightly reclined and there was little to no room at all for anyone to sit behind me. In my Avalanche there is alot more room with my seat the same way. Trust me, it is bigger than the Trac. I could fit 3 car seats in the back seat with swinging room for each arm in the seat. Big plus for parents like my wife and I.

Nice vehicle. Way to much plastic for me. That's the only reason I never liked it. It seems logical. It's utility is the same as the sport trac but it's much larger.

I've always had a soft spot for Avalanches, not sure what it is about them. That one looks great, lifted av's are even better :)

As far as comparing size.. Think more along the lines of ST vs F150.. everyone is complaining that the F150 is too big for a replacement of the ST, while the Av is in the same Fullsize category. It may not seat more, but its defiantly bigger. Stock for stock, it more than likely gets similar mpgs too.

I totally understand the deciding factor (wife), that's how I ended up with the Sport Trac. I really never liked the quad cab tiny bed pickups until I bought mine and now I really like it aside from the forementioned lack of passenger room (I'm 6'6"), only kids of smaller adults can sit behind me. When we were shopping around for trucks she wanted a Blazer, Cherokee or an Explorer for passenger room and I wanted a pickup, my buddy from high school worked at the dealer and gave use a deal on my '03 ST XLT 4WD. That's great that their providing a shuttle service, that'll save you quite a bit of money.

Yeah it is gonna save us some good money. I'll keep track of your 'good' nemesis and hopefully it will be in good hands as I have babied that truck. Hopefully a future member too. :banana:

"@KL, the Avalanche has a noticably more amount of room than my Trac. Have you ever sat in an Avalanche?"

my guess, probably not !!!!!!

"WTF???

That thing looks kind of like a CrapAlanche"

bernard, learn like me, if its not a ford, it sux :sad:

i agree with psyc,

"Nice vehicle. Way to much plastic for me. That's the only reason I never liked it. It seems logical. It's utility is the same as the sport trac but it's much larger."

imo,the newer ones look real nice with the color body clad.

best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gary. I pay no mind to the criticism, it means nothing to me. I know I was gonna get the trash talk because it wasn't a ST. I like it, my wife likes it, and my little girl LOVES it...thats all that matters to me. I agree, there is alot of plastic which I dont like but when I treat it to look new again, it will somewhat blend into the paint. Or maybe get it painted but I am not gonna plan on anything just yet.

Bernard... Its no where near April 1st... Come on now... Stop pulling our legs...

Seriously though, I am a Ford guy at heart, but that is a nice looking truck. I do like the lifted look, just cant justify the cost to do it to my ST.

Deal is done...no regrets. I will always love the Trac though. Who's to say I won't getter another in the future. It has to be an Adrenalin though and I will never lift it again. So it seems as if I am a traitor. I am telling you guys, my wife is the only one I try to please...no one else. If she wants a GM, I will sacrifice my Trac for that. The ride was getting to stiff after I lifted it anyway. Plus I have stock in GM...it's my social responsibility right ;) ? :grin:

my wife is the only one I try to please...no one else.

Good luck with that never-ending task! :banghead:

A friend of mine says he can't please his wife for long either, and he's got a six-inch tongue with a wart on the end of it! :bwahaha:

Nice Avalanche. Not sure why there's any negativity, except that you got rid of the ST. That just means there's going to be a new ST convert soon.

I'm not sure if they're all made like this, but does your back seat fold forward to provide more bed space? I thought that was a great feature. The plastic isn't even really noticeable with the black paint and when you get the plastic above the bed touched up, it'll look even better.

I considered an Avalanche when I was in the market but it was bigger than I wanted. My fiance is a Chevy fan and has a Z71 Tahoe, so she's satisfied. I mentioned getting an Avalanche when I was looking, but she actually liked the ST better. I still did it for me, though. We aren't married yet!

All taxpayers have stock in GM.:bwahaha:

I anticipate the "they paid it back comments." Its just a joke. It'd be great if it stays at that.

Yeah, actually the back seats fold down and the glass windows pops out accessing alot of cargo room. It is a real nice luxury. Good joke on the GM thing. At point that was true until they left government control and entered IPO. Probably tank again if China doesn't bite into their market. Thanks for comments anyhow.