Trac's got a new friend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Salane

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Just bought it about two weeks ago.Changed all fluids ,spark plugs etc.Hope the trac won't get too jealous!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a very clean 5.0L notch back...thats what I was looking for 5yrs ago....couldnt find a clean one for the right price....so I bought my '94GT....pics in my library...

Yea it took me about a year of lookin to find this one with the right miles for the right price.The gut sellin it listed it on Autotrader.com on a friday and I had the car on saturday.Good lookin 94 there Eddie.How many miles on it??

John...My 94 has 57k miles on the car...12K on the motor...the motor and all the electronics are built to '94 cobra spec..with a few extra goodies.... low milage toy...I have been wanting to sell it....havent been trying to hard...boys and there toys...:lol:

nice! you rarely find the 5.0 from the mid 90's clean anymore. all the first owners always beat the crap out of them.......I always liked a white convertable 5.0 in that style.....

Bought a 93 LX last spring for 700.00, wish it had the 5.0, but it has the 2.3. Only had to do the wheel bearings and a new radiator, slowly fixing up the cosmetic stuff and going to get it painted. Boys wanted to put a 5.0 in it, but from what I have read, it would be cheaper to just buy the 5.0 once you replace the front suspension to handle the weight. Might play with it, don;t know. Sure do like the fact it gets 33 mpg on the hwy and 26 round town.

Great lookin' car.......

John, nice 'stang. I have always loved that bodystyle. Those were THE cars to have when I was in high school, the "cool" kids had the GTs. There was this one particular GT in town (that happened to be owned by my boss at work, who I didn't like much) that was supposedly soooo fast. The rumor was that he had it bored out, larger cam and a whole host of other go-fast goodies. He ran the piss out of it too. After he fired me from my first job ever (at a grocery store, and consequently the ONLY time I've ever been fired), I decided that I wanted to race him for $50. What HE didn't know is that my truck was a drag racing truck before I bought it. It had a built 427 in it with a posi rear end, a 4-speed manual tranny and 4:10 gears. The truck didn't LOOK like much, but it would flat FLY up to about 80 miles per hour. It was a big, heavy, 1959 Chevy Truck with a half-ass paint job and it was so loud that you could hear it from one end of town to the other. Anyway, we got out there on an old stretch of road outside town and I completely blew his doors off. Fortunately for me, the race was very short, so my low gears and better traction allowed me to pull ahead and never have to look back. He probably would have beaten me if it had been much longer. As much as he bragged about his mustang GT and how fast it was, he really took a lot of ribbing from the local teenagers, who all knew both of us. $50 wasn't really much, but it was a bit of retribution for him being an arrogant jerk who thought that he was better than everyone else because he was the manager of a crappy little grocery store in the middle of nowhere. His now OLD, rusty, beat up mustang GT is still sitting in the next town over and I drive by it every couple of weeks or so. To this day, it still puts a grin on my face, knowing I beat the "fastest" mustang GT in town. hehe

Wanna race? Mustang vs my 'Trac? I bet I'd give ya a run for your money. ;)

Baron it is almost stock except for exhaust,headers,and high flow intake.The only car I've had a chance to really stomp it on was a 2002 or 2003 maxima se.I didn't even know he wanted any but he got on it and left me.I then realized what was going on and put it to the floor and waved as I was passing him,but he was kinda hangin around which surprised me but I checked into the 0-60 times on the Maxima and they're somewhere in the 5.9 second range.So I was pretty happy to walk off from him.You're the one with the supercharched Trac right?If so I bet you'd give me a run maybe even take me.Do you have any more video of the trac on a run to 60??Have you had any probs. with it yet??Just maybe wondering what other bolt on mods I could do without giving up mpg's.Right now I get about 28-30 highway and 17 in town.I was thinkin about gears and pullies.Let me know,John

yeah, that's me with the supercharged trac. :)

I just put a smaller pulley on it, which gave me a bit more boost. I went 3/10 of an inch smaller and the difference is simply stunning. I would imagine that we'd be pretty close up to 80 miles per hour or so, if you got good traction, then you might be able to pull away. I suspect that the new pulley moved me down into the low 5-second range in 0-60. I will put up another video whenever I get the time to make one. There is a great "seat of the pants" difference when compared to the stock pulley. I also will be getting a new tune to fully take advantage of the few extra pounds of boost, as well as adding an intercooler soon.

As far as trouble, I haven't had a single bit (knock on wood). The transmission and rear-end seem very strong and aren't having any trouble with the supercharger. I don't anticipate any problems with the system, the guys over at EE thoroughly tested the whole system out. I was number 56 to get the x-charger.

As far as mileage goes, I really haven't seen a noticeable decrease. MAYBE 1-2 mpg at most. My trac rarely has to shift down to 4th to go up even the largest hills as long as my RPMs are above 2200 or so. The boost significantly adds to the drivability of the trac. This is how they should have performed from the factory in my opinion. It's got the PERFECT amount of horsepower/torque.

I won't hesitate for even one second to recommend the EE supercharger kit to anyone wanting more power, or a more enjoyable driving experience. It's by far the best thing I've done to the trac. If you don't want to spend that kind of cash, then go with the SCT-Xcalibrator. That provides a HUGE bang for the buck when compared to pulleys or gears. The improved transmission function ALONE is enough of a reason to get the SCT-X in my opinion. Added power/mileage is just a nice bonus.

I just raced a V8 explorer (2003-2005 I guess) from stoplight to stoplight, the poor guy was used to beating sport tracs I guess. When we pulled up to the next stop light (he arrived about 8-10 carlengths behind me) he asked me what in the world I had done to make my trac so fast. I just kinda laughed, put it in neutral, revved it up a bit...just enough so that the supercharger would begin to whine, then he got a huge smile on his face and said "supercharger eh?". I must admit, racing is a LOT more fun now that I can win! lol

Latest posts