Trackday was Great!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
For those of you interested (From the previous motorcycle post I would say quite a few:D)

I was at VIR yesterday (8/28 my birthday) for a trackday which also happened to be my birthday present from my wife. It was me and my buddy dave riding and then my wife taking pictures.

Anyone who owns a sportbike should definatly do a trackday, it's a huge confidense booster and you don't have worry about crazy cell-phone weilding soccer mom's trying to kill you while you go as fast as you feel comfortable.

Enough talk on with the pictures.

[Broken External Image]:

Trac towed well, 2 bikes on an open trailer and I got about 14 mpg.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

There are a few more pictures/full size pictures at my website if you interested in more.

That does look like a good time. I've gotten so I don't even want to ride on the roads around here anymore. It's like there are absolutely no quiet, empty backroads to enjoy riding anymore.[Broken External Image]:

Looks like a great time, JD,,,,,,,,,,,not a biker, but know how it must feel to be out of the traffic,,,,,,,,,,Chet,,,,,,come to the central valley in CA and I'll show you more rolling hills than you can ride in a week,,,,,,,,,later, Mark

That would be great Mark, Just alittle too far for me. I;m sure I could find some around here if I looked hard enough. I just really don't have the time anymore to search for them. It's still always a good time to go for rides with a few bikes along. (power in numbers I guess)

looks like you had a good time. I was just up at VIR on the 20th for the AMA races. I can't wait to go to my first track day. The tail of the dragon is a great ride. I am going up there september 7-10th. Good to hear your trac had no problems with two bikes. I will be towing two bikes to the gap.

This is the first year I skipped the AMA races since I've lived in VA. I figured 2 weeks in a row was pushing it for funds and time off work.

Last year the races fell on my birthday and I got to meet Miguel Duhamel (arranged by my wife) which was awesome. I toured his trailer and such and got some great photo-ops. He signed a picture I took the day before in one of the Formula Extreme races. Great time.

[Broken External Image]:

Big stupid grin is because he said here hold this thing, I dunno what it is but they tell me not to touch it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to be a Snap-On 1/2 inch drive torque wrench with an 18 mm. socket attached.

But, then again, what do I know!!! (Absolutely NOTHING about Sport Bike Racing!, so

I'll leave that up to you, JD'). Great Pics!!!

Agree about the "Cell phone Wielding Soccer Moms", completely!:D;)

Latest posts