Trac turned 140,000 kms! ((pics))

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Well the old girl turned 140,000 kms the other day. I had to snap a quick shot of it on my cell when I was driving up to the cottage. Still going strong with no major problems to report. For her anniversary she will be getting new ball joints and end links, and possibly new tie rods.

Of course she'd be getting those even if it weren't her 140,000 km anniversary...

At least she can't say I never treat her good.

Here are a few pics of before and after and the speedo.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Next year we will be close to the 100,000 Mile mark!!

I'd like to hear some "suggestions" for mods. What do you guys think you'd do to this trac?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to catch up! I passed 165k MILES the other day. It adds up fast when you drive 120 miles per day!

It just looks weird to see 200 on the speedo! I understand it's kph, not mph, but it still looks strange!

My parents rented a little Thunderbird, one of the first rounded one's, and it had a digital speedo. They didn't know that it had a setting for kph instead of mph, but I did! They went the first couple of hundred miles wondering why everybody was going so fast and why it was taking so long to get anywhere!:lol:

Nice lookin Trac.. looks familiar.. hehe

[Broken External Image]:

I'm at 130,000 miles... still running strong. Check out my library if you want to see what some of the mods would look like on your color scheme (although it looks like you have the tan interior). I see you already have the K&N, maybe upgrade the exhaust system next.. Then go Xcal from there. The list goes on and on..

Thanks guys!

dreman,

thats hilarious :lol: my buddy's GMC Canyon came from Florida, so the dash readout was still in MPH. He thought he got an AMAZING deal because when he bought it for $15,xxx it "only" had so many kilometers on it. Then he realized that it was in Miles and realized his great deal was actually a bit of a rip off. :lol:

Griff,

You must have some good taste. I only have the drop-in K&N kit, so an upgrade will be in the future. I will also be doing the exhaust, but not until the OEM disintigrates from beneath me. ;) I work hard for not very good pay, so I have to choose the mods carefully.

What I reallllllllly want is an in dash Nav system/DVD/iPod hookup. I have no interior mods yet.

Do the indash Nav system/DVD/iPod hookup! Do it! once you do, you'll wonder how you ever lived without every song you have at your fingertips....evertime i walk to my car or truck, i for some reason or other am thinking of a different tune. i get in, track it in 510 seconds flat and am listening to it.....i HATE cd's now....:lol::lol::lol:

I would scrub her shoes and paint the cladding.

I think it would make a huge difference, and it won't break the bank:D

It's been a slow day at work so far so I washed the Hawaiian ST down and scrubbed her shoes and wheel wells. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get home.....hopefully it doesn't rain:angry:

Hawaiian,

I did a "test" run with painting the cladding. I painted all the side cladding and it looked awesome. I was about to do the front and back the next weekend, but then when I was power washing my truck the paint started flaking off everywhere. So I dont think the adhesive promoter I used was very good. I will have to regroup and try again next summer..

its too cold to mod now.

:lol:

RS you are like that little devil on my shoulder.. Every time i think about how I need to save some money or pay off soemthing else, he chirps up and starts whispering in my ear about how I NEED one of those sweet HUs and how it would make the happiest Trac owner in London Ontario..

I agree completley and its in the cards for the near future... but I also have some Snowboard gear I want and some MTN Bike parts too... choices choices...

good thing Christmas is coming up!!

hahahahahaha....funny, i'm the devil on my own shoulder too...!

but you would be the happiest trac owner in London Ontario if you DID get one....:D:D

when it comes to the trac, the line between need and want is blurred for me, so thats why my advice sounds the way it does....but yeah, it is a good thing christmas is coming up!

Hey Shaun,

When you come around to doing it the next time, try using a super abrasive scrubber and scrub the crap out of it then paint it with krylon's fusion paint. It's made specifically for plastic and vinyl. I used that paint for my headlights and if I ever get the opportunity to paint my cladding, I plan on using fusion.

Cool thanks for the tips dude.

I actually was happy with the paint, it was that Dupli color flexible bumper paint with the ST on the can. Its the same type that is recommended in the project.

I also picked up some crazy degreasing compound that cleaned the cladding quite nicely.

I couldnt find the Dupli color adhesive and picked up a different brand and I think thats where I went wrong. Maybe the Dupli color paint needs the Dupli color adhesive to work properly???

I will take your recommendation on a super abrasive scrub pad though, cuz I used a pretty rough sponge when cleaning and I don't think it would have worked as well as an abrasive pad.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Paints formulated for plastic and vinyl like fusion already have the necessary primers and adhesives already in the paint so there isn't really any need for anything besides a clean slightly abraded surface for good adhesion.