Trac towed 13,000 plus

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowTrac

Reaction score
My ST didn't like it one bit but it made it to the landfill. I have cement and roofing shingles. I regularly pull 7000lbs of trailer and debris 2-4 times a week. I did a few upgrades, but I pretty much just baby the tranny and don't mash the gas. I get there when I get there.

I'll try to post the reciept of the weigh station the Gross vehicle weight was 18,860lbs

Most i've done so far is about 5,500 pounds with my 07 V8.....that's pulling a 24ft enclosed with a ton of wind resistance.

I have some pretty standard stuff:

04 ST 4x4, Hidden Hitch, Roadmaster springs, Monroe load levelers, a deep dish tranny pan from PML, and a tranny temp gauge-this is a must I have had my tranny over 240 at the landfill when it gets muddy. I do have a trailer brake with a Prodigy controller-which is awesome and I would not trade it for a lesser brand worth EVERY penny.

I know I'm over ever limit in the book when i'm load that heavy but I have mouths to feed, I'd like to get a 1 ton Ford or Dodge. My average load is about 6000-8000 lbs and it not to bad just be wise and baby the truck. I use my 1 & 2 gears to take off and get up to 30mph and put it in D.

I will cry the day i lose my ST but I will get another truck, the ST won't last long doing this.

Latest posts