Trac Is @ the Hospital

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Johnson 2

Reaction score
Finally took it to the dealer. Tranny is slipping, Engine is rattling, and the charging system took a crap. last time they had the truck for engine and tranny they had it for 1.5 months.:(

Sorry for the problems Big:(

gawd it seems lately that the tracs (both gens) are the worst thing ford has ever produced.

Anyone have anything good to say?

My Trac is running as good as the day I got her. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

Tom

mike,

sorry to hear the news. how many miles on it?

1.5 months is way to long at the dealer, sarasota ford on the trail?

what a surprise to hear another tranny problem :eek:

Gary s, i picked it up after 3 weeks had it for one day and it went back for another 3 weeks

i have about 70,000 miles on it and yes it is on 301.

and don't gey me wrong guys i love my trac to death i can not see me owning any other vehicle as a daily driver:D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed......it's been about a month now and my tranny is still working great after clearing out the computer and letting everything reset/relearn with the tranny.

Gee, my rear brakes locked up, probably because it sat in some old mans driveway for two years before I bought it, but other then that not a single issue.

two years in a row the truck breaks when I have to go out of town to work for a few weeks, last year it was the rear end, this year I'm leaking coolant form the rear drivers side of the motor. Although in her defense she stands up to a lot of abuse and didn't die on my 6600 mile road trip to louisville.:wub:

Knock on wood. My '04 has never been anywhere but the tire shop..:wub:

The only thing not working is the driver door, inside door unlock switch. I have tested the switch. It is ok. Probably a broken wire in the door. All the other ways to unlock work. I can live with it..:D

As I've said before, I've my 02 since it was new and it's never had an issue to deal with.

The other day I happened to notice the right rear window doesn't work from the driver's position. May be my first issue!

156,000 miles on my '03, no problems other than fuel pump and fuel pump shut-off switch. IAC under warranty 120k ago. Brake pads every so often. Still on my second set of tires. Engine oil and transmission fluid changes. New plugs and wires at 129k. New shocks at 120-130k.

Steering wheel foam under the cover seems to be loosening up some, though. I can rotate the cover a bit. I need to chase down a few rattles, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts