Trac got keyed!! NEW PAINT JOB!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The trac got keyed not to long ago :( but its cool get a free paint job now.. so i was wondering on colors? anyone got any colors in mind that would look awsome like custom colors not stocked colors. and pics would be great!

It is likely that your ""Free Paint job" will consist of the same color and only a repair of the damaged portion. Unless your insurance is kick ass, then I wouldn't expect the underhood or door jambs to be painted....

This happened to my mustang. But some how over the night before my adjustment there were new tiny scratchs on the unaffected areas. :) You will have to get the same color as your truck in general but you can get like another manufactors color. Like i had a black mustang and got it repainted phantom black which is from Pontiacs GTO. This is due to the faact they wont paint the engine bay or the door jams and you would be able to see the difference.

Ponderous...that's all I am saying.

Josh if you are going to get the whole thing painted, why not something wild like a neon green or light pastel purple?

well you existing color is black, so if you want the engine bay and doorjams to look right I would stay with the black (maybe add some pearl or metal flake to it).

If I had any choice I would go with a midnight/navy blue

WEll i have a friend who paints trucks for a living and he said any color i wan and i have full coverage on my insurance. i will only have to pay 3 or 400.. so im going with a new color..

Here's my suggestion to you as an insurance adjuster. Get your truck painted the same color as it was before. If the paint costs more than what the adjuster who inspected your vehicle says.. the adjuster is going to come reinspect the vehicle for a supplement. THey know what color your vehicle is, and if you try to get the whole thing painted another color.. well for us that is an indication of insurance fraud. These are reported to special investigative unit, and from there goes to the National Insurance Crime Bureau. Just my experience, and advice.

Oh, and to add.. dont think they will just think it's just a small thing and they're going to ignore it. We get rewarded for having lots of SIU referrals.

I get to watch video's that our Investigative unit takes. Our latest case, a woman claiming to have a work debilitating shoulder injury, but we caught her on tape the next day playing softball. She'll be hearing from the DA :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron,

Can you be upfront with the adjuster about changing the color and have the insurance company pay what they would pay to restore the vehicle to pre-damage status and then you pay more to upgrade?

:huh:

Good question thats what i was wondering what if i ask if i can get it a different color and maybe pay a lil more to change the color. but hell i dont wanna go to jail :blink: :rolleyes:

Was every panel on the vehicle scratched? Insurance is only going to pay for what was damaged. If the right quarterpanel was damaged, they will just pay for that to be repaired, but not going to cover your fenders or hood being painted.

You don't have to get the car painted with the insurance money unless the insurance company demands it. They can do that if you don't have it paid off. All you need to do is take the money that they'll give you to get it fixed and put that toward whatever paint job you want. Just make sure that when you get it painted you tell the insurance company the new color. Also tell them what you're up to, that you're going to take the money to put toward a different color. Be careful though, some banks won't let you do stuff like that as long as they hold your loan. For instance, a girl at work had a minor accident and didn't want to get it fixed, but the bank insisted that as long as they have her loan she had to get it fixed. The only way around it for her was to pay the car off and then keep the money.

Correct Rich.

When their is a lein on a vehicle, the leinholder's interest has to be protected by law. Insurance companies dont notify leinholders. Have to issue a 2 party check, but it can be to you and the bodyshop of your choice, which is the much preferred method.

If you're going to pay for the rest of the vehicle to be painted that wasnt damaged, I wouldnt see a problem with it... but that would be between you and your auto damage adjuster.

Latest posts