Trac almost halloween ready pics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, are those orange or red? Just an FYI, it is illegal in every state to have a red light facing foward, if on public roads. Also, is it your headlights, or are they just "cruising lights"?

They are orange headlight accents from super bright leds. I don't intent on using them as driving lights. They are for looks and can be turned off, They can stay on indefinitely without running the battery down. They only draw I think around 17 m/amps or .017 amps. I thought they would be cool Halloween night. Plan on hooking up a scream horn so I can scare the kiddie.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, I used to have some blue ones from the same company in my corners. Police didn't care for em, even when my vehicle was parked; they usually left business cards with a little note on the back saying how illegal they were. I had them on a relay so whenever my ST was off, they were on, never drained the battery once, even on the stock battery.

Cool Gene. I am going to purchase the same thing but in blue. How did you wire yours up? Does the trac have another fuse box in the engine compartment I could tie into? I haven't looked yet.

Thanks all.

Stu, I hope to get a project together. Honestly it was too easy. I got a 12 vdc relay and tied into my parking lights to turn on and off. They turn off anytime the lights are on as per manufacturers recommendations. I used a fuse in the underhood fuse box to power the LED's. I may change colors for Christmas. May just find a color I like and stay with that.

Latest posts