TPMS Calibration Tool

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargedtrac

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to share a little info on a tool I just picked up that works great to re-train the factory tire pressure monitor sensors. It's a Ford part (though I picked it up from FindItParts.com) for $40.

There may be other tools out there and maybe cheaper (from what I recall from past posts), but for the Gen2 ST with band strap sensors, I can say first hand this one works.

In the spring I got tired of the "tire monitor fault" and "tire sensor fault" displaying on the dash after Mavis installed new tires on a set of used Adrenalin wheels with new tire sensors I picked up. They and a couple other tire places I stopped at either didn't have the right reset tool or couldn't get the one they had to work. So I went to the local Ford dealer, who kindly re-trained all 4 tire sensors for the minimum half-hour labor charge of about $50. Then two weeks ago I put the stock tires\wheels back on for the winter and the sensor\fault lights started again.

Part #8C2T-1A203-AB

(FORD 8C2Z-1A203-A TRANSMITTER - TPMS CALIBRATION)

Following the re-train steps and using the calibration tool (which is what 'wakes up' the tire sensor) and presto. It took maybe 2 minutes tops. :supercool:

[Broken External Image]:

I got lucky and one of those came with my '08 E250. It works on my '10 Transit Connect as well. I always keep my eyes open for those, as well as keyless remotes, laying around in vehicles during my salvage yard visits. Someone is always looking for them.

Bought one from a member here on the Swap & Sell board. Got it if I ever need it.

'07 ST

ReblFord - sorry for the delay. I wasn't paying attention at first, but I looked back through the invoice and the package the tool came in. The inner clear bag the tool was in says 'Tire Pressure Learning Tool 11/28/07 and #8C2T-1A203-AB.'

The outer clear bag has a Motorcraft label and says "One" "TPMS-19", "8C2Z-1A203-A". The invoice from FindItParts shows what I have in parenthesis in my first post above the 8C2Z number.

It is one tool. Hopefully using either part number would get you the same\right tool.

Good catch. I'm just glad the tool works. :banana:

Latest posts