Toyota Recall

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I had that happen once, but it only popped, it did not open all the way. It was actually on the way to my high school graduation rehearsal. Never happened before, hasn't happened since.

I did a search on the web and did find out that here have been recalls for tires, hood latch, driver's seat and cruise control cable. Also one for an after market corner light assembly. So Truc Trac, the remark was not snide, but merely factual. Seems awefully easy to get some people stirred up by just questioning certain things about our Sport Tracs.

Remember our Sport Tracs are based on the Ford Explorer. I would think that most defects would have been ironed out before the ST was ever put into production. The Explorer has had several safety issues not the least being the infamous Firestone Tire problems.

Yeah, Toyota's suck. I think only domestic trucks are the best.:D

They better shape up if they want to take on Ford and be #1. By the way, Ford is the #1 automaker, right?

ehh.... i hate to tell inform u of this Mud Flap... but some CEO b*st*rd from ford went on the news earlier this week i believe and clearly stated that Toyota is better than Ford right now and that Ford has to mirror what they are doing... at which i threw my tv dinner at the tv got in my trac and with the aid of my brush guard totalled 5 imports and a motorcycle! :p jokin but i still cant believe he said that and i still stand by Ford.

Mcnally wants Toyota to buy Ford! Then again would you buy a company that looses billions of dollars a year?

Who's this Mcnally? :D;)

From all the reports I have read, Alan Mulally only conducted some talks with Toyota's CEO about possibly sharing some technology and perhaps teaming up on purchasing to gain better parts pricing from their suppliers. The only merger or sale talk has come from people who are speculating or trying stir up shit to sell newspapers.

And, Multhief owns a Lexus too! I wonder what Mullay's roll in the air tanker show was. You just don't invite your competitor in-house for a show and shine if there is not a hidden agenda involved.

if toyota sucks, how come they are about to knock off GM and take over the number one spot ?

don't get me wrong , i love the trac and own a vette but overall the quality ( maybe not the looks ) of toyota is way more superior. as fleet mgr for my company, i have proven that with my conversion of ford focus wagons and chevy impalas to toyota products. maint. down 40-50% and residule is at about 70% of new price cost.

they have to be doing something right !

toyota.......... moving foward !

Toyota sucks. Period.

That's why I love driving my Tundra... I miss the rattles and frequent trips to the service department for moisture in the head lights, squeeky seats, engine stalling... engine stalling.... um... radio quiting... door rattle.... locks on rear door not working.... ya know... all things I don't have on my truck ;):p

Oh, and if anyone wants to give me crap; remember: I have owned two Sport Tracs, so I know what I am talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
josh, nice tundra ! i also have had 2 tracs, but my 3rd is at the dealer now and i will pick her up on monday. i just cant seem to shake my love for tracs :rolleyes:

but i agree, the toyota is of much superior quality. darin, come on back !

Welcome to mytoyota.com. :lol:

I'm sick of all the trips to the dealer with my junker ST too. Wait a minute, make that, I'm sick of the one trip I had to make to the dealer for an alternator that was covered under warranty, and haven't been back. :D

TAKE IT TO A YOUR TRUCK SUCKS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE LIKE IT ANYMORE SITE!

LOL! :lol: