Toyota FJ Cruiser review

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
Review of the FJ Cruiser... link below.

If they would only offer that with a 4 cylinder turbo-diesel for better economy, I might buy one. It also requires 91 octane fuel, so there's another 20 cents a gallon for fuel.

Yes, those are small lights in the side mirrors - might be handy to light the sides of the road during night-time offroading.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're definitely going with the retro look... the FJ40 from the 1960s. Yeah, the white top looks a bit strange with that color. I saw a red one at the local Toyota dealership and it looked pretty good with that white top. The white top should keep the interior a bit cooler in the summertime.

my ST can do that and i got fancy lights:lol:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The FJ doesn't require 91, it is recommended. The truck will run just find on the low-test stuff, but performance is hurt, according to Toyota.

Yeah, those pics were from 2 different reviews, so those are different FJ's. I liked the second pic, as it showed how much twist the FJ's suspension can do.

It may be a 'new' car, but it rides on a standard Tacoma pickup frame, so it is nothing new under the exterior.

Were I in the market for a new truck, the FJ Cruiser would be at the top of my list. Now, if Ford would build a Bronco to compete with the FJ (and not the Bronco concept from a year or two ago which was front wheel drive), things might get interesting.

bpoche,

I like it when you have your ass-end up high in the air, like that!!!

(I pray that there are no small children viewing this site; I warned you, all, that when I came

back, it may not be pretty;and I promise, I will keep my Day Job, as my Comedy Gig is

not at all, that funny, sorry!). :blink::D

scootch,

Yes, that is the way I meant it!

As an aside... Like the late, great comedian Sam Kennison said, and I will Quote...

"Oh, there is just something about a grown man's hairy ass that makes me want to say

"Oooh, baby, that is what I have been looking for all of my life!...NO F#$@*%N Way!"

Does anyone here remember Sam Kennison?

Didn't mean to get too far off of the subject, but I had to defend my masculinity!!!

P.S.... Pink is a man's favorite color!;):wub:

the section they took the fj through yes i think so the fj got stuck several times and it was on after market tires

Bpoche the ST doesn't compare to the offroading of an FJ, the wheelbase is too long.

Very true. Off-road ability does make one vehicle better then another it just makes it a better off-road vehicle. How many people actually take thier SUV's off-road?

I bet a Wrangler will leave the FJ (Is that an acronym for F@#$ing Junk?) behind in no time at all.

Tom

I don't really care how it does off-road. In my opinion it's still a fugly vehicle. It will appeal to some but to me it ranks in the looks department as the Honda Element. Fugly. (as stated before just MY opinion);)

Q,

Why must you always make personal insults towards me? Do you have self esteem issues?

Tom

Latest posts