towing question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5300 lbs.. So it depends on the boat because I had an 18 ft that weighed next to nothing but there are other 18 footers that would have easily weighed twice what mine did. Keep in mind the trailer weight also..

I would guess if it's 22 ft or shorter it shouldn't be an issue, but that is a total guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on a couple of factors: is your ST 2 or 4wd, how heavy is the boat (loaded and empty with the trailer included), how much weight (people+ supplies) do you plan on having in your Trac while towing. Need to know how big of boat etc. to really tell you yes or know. I tow my Show Truck on an open car trailer a couple times a year for show further out of state with no problems but that's totally different then towing a boat. More info???

:driving:

Below is my 02 ST towing a 24 ft pontoon boat. The trailer itself is about 700-1000 bs, the boat is about 2500 lbs, so figure a 3.5 - 4 k total. Truck tows it well, but I can definitely feel it back there especially when braking.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
V6 Tracs are rated to tow 5300 lb IF you have a proper hitch. Gen 1's do not have a factory hitch, just a bumper ball that is rated for (I think) 3000 lb. It is stamped in the rubber step near the hitch ball hole. If you have a frame-mounted Class III receiver hitch then you can tow 5300 lb.

Latest posts