tow hooks withbody lift?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Vagenas

Reaction score
does anyone know if u can have front tow hooks with abody lift? i really need a good recovery point forwhen i go off road. any info wouldbe great

They do not fit with the body lift. I have heard some have cut the body to get them to fit or some had new brackets frabricated to make them work. I will be doing the PA body lift most likely now not until may and expect to find a welding shop to make mine fit.

Ive had my bodylift for a few months now, and just this past weekend I retrofitted the tow hooks to work with the lift. I just got a permit that allows me to drive on the beach, and I too wanted some good front recovery points if I were to get stuck. I'll tell you now, the look is not pretty. You basically have to cut the entire lower bumper apart, mount the hooks, and then trim the plastic on the front bumper cover. It looks kinda ugly as the hooks are now three inches lower than they should be. I also screwed up cutting the plastic, so it looks even worse. But as far as getting a good front recovery point with a body lift, this is likely the only option.

i wouldnt cut the bumper just so you can have the hooks. it be easier just to make new mount brackets and reinstall. i have the body lift and i want my tow hooks and grill guard back on, but being the way the bumper is, i have to make new brackets anyway.

The winch install project recommends a body lift actually. Scrap the tow hook idea and put in a winch. The Ranger Station has 8000# winches on sale for $375 right now.

Latest posts