Tow anything lately?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
towed our boat about a month ago. Miss FiFi weighs in around a hefty 4200lbs. I've posted the picture at least a hundred times, but hey...any opportunity to show off my baby and the hubby's boat, that we loving refer to as "the big yellow bitch" I'll take!! :D

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon my ignorance Dom, but what is that contraption? I see stabilizer bars that fold out, but am clueless.

Nope your wrong. That is the special Ford tool kit for removing , and installing the cam chain tensioner...............

Adam and Nelson, you guys need to go out once in a while. :D

Home Depot rents them. One of the wisest things you could use if you had to trim a tree. Safety first.

Tom

re: Tow anything lately? by NelsonOKC,7/17/2006 00:42 CT

I don't shop at Home Depot, but I was at Lowe's twice this weekend.

I didn't go to Home Depot or Lowes, and I don't use my SportTrac to tow (I use my wife's Liberty), but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (seriously!). I'm on my way down to the lobby to get a couple of the world's best cinnamon rolls in a few minutes!

What models of ski and what kind of mods do you have on your kawi's? My XP is very lightly modded right now and it will run about 64 on GPS. I never rely on speedometer speeds because they are usually very inaccurate. For example, my XP will read anywhere between 55 and 70 on any given day depending on the water condition. This is because speed is measured by a little paddle wheel on the back of the ski by the pump. I only have upgraded to a new impeller right now for a little more punch on the bottom end and a little more on top. I have a Coffman's pipe sitting in the garage and some fly filters and a rejet kit that I need to put on. When that is on I am hoping to be running around 67 with a 0 to 60 time of about 3.5 seconds. That should be a pretty good speed for me. The fastest stock ski is the 215 hp RXP and it will do between 69 and 70 so I will be pretty close!

what kind of jet skis johnny o? kawasaki, seadoo

2000 Polaris Virage with a Skat-Trak impeller.

Me:

[Broken External Image]:

Straying off-topic, but about the fastest ANY stock ski will go is 65 mph or so because the manufacturers all voluntarily limit them to that, I don't care what your speedo says. The 65 mph units include the Kaw Ultra 150, Polaris (R.I.P.) SLX, Yamaha GP1200R and 1300R, and Sea-Doo RXP and limited-production RXXP. Now it's easily possible to add some parts to get them to run 70 but that extra 5 mph can cost some serious money and getting to 80 costs even more (and you end up with an unreliable time-bomb of a motor).

Mine tops out at an honest 50 mph and I put the hurt on people who think they're going 60 to 65. One guy asked me to take the seat off because he couldn't believe I outran his 1100 Kaw with a 700 cc twin.:blink: With the Skat-Trak it'll hit 50 in about 8 seconds, no more top end but the acceleration and hookup is better. Although if I had the money I'd take a RIVA GP1300R in a heartbeat. BTW, I'm 45 years old.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts