tough interior paint?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've been painting some interios stuff out of my truck for a while now and i'm wanting to re-paint the pull handles inside the door. If i were to use adhesion promoter like usual and use some engine speay paint(like auto zone stuff) then clear coat it do you think it would look even and work?

Most of the engine spray paint doesn't need a clear coat. Also, most engine paints are solid colors, so you could get the color you want in a regular paint, then use clear.

The toughest paint I have ever used is designed to refinish guns. It is a rattle spray can product called Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II. It is so tough people paint ladder steps with it. I've used it on guns and to change the color of my metal laptop (Panasonic Toughbook). The paint doesn't dry, it cures. It cures to touch in 24 hours but gets harder every day. My laptop finish is so tough I can't even fingernail imprint it, and it shows no wear after 2 years, even on the metal carry handle.

This is not an oven-bake finish like Duracoat, but basically a really tough spray can paint that will resist gun cleaning chemicals, etc.

Latest posts