Torsion Twist & Shackle Lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Varley

Reaction score
I was reading about the Torsion Twist & Shackle Lift and saw that it was pretty affordable to do. But I was wondering Since I would be messing around with the torsion bar could it be more of a problem then its worth?

some have said that when torqued to its fullest or above 2" that

creates a faster wear on your suspension. doing the TT, people

claim its stiffer to maneuver and steer but most love it that

way than before. a good recommended height increase is 1.5''

i too plan on doing the TT and warrior shackle lift

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen some with 285/75s. they claim to say there is no rubbing.

i have 265/70s with stock suspension and i have no rubbing at all

I did the TT/SL before the body lift. It was ok but I like the body lift better. Smother ride. There was some rubbing but a little trimming helped. I was running 285/75/16's. pictures in my file.

Check out the title " how to lift an ST " it's from last week, I have the breakdown of stock to bl,tt,ls with 285/75/16's. :banana::haveabeer:

you can get them from desertrat.com, JCWhitney.com or your local 4x4 shop. desert rat and JC Whitney dont have them listed on their websites. you will have to call and speak to a representative. they should only run about $40-$50. make sure you ask for warrior products shackles #153

Tom you need a pair of shackles? I have a set I can sell to you cheap. Brand new in the box Warrior #153. I never used them. they have been sitting in my house for about 3 years now. I see you are in NJ. I am close in CT. let me know what you want to do.

Mike i will buy them shackles from you. im highly interested as well.....

that is if Tom refuses your offer

Latest posts