Torsion Key

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incorrect. Just tighten the bolt and then get an alignment. Don't go over 2" if you're 4wd.

In order to do a torsion key lift, you would need to get the lifted torsion key...

My question is... I am interested in doing the torsion key lift, but don't want to bother with tightening of the bolt... Is OK to get the 2 or 3 inch torsion key lift without it hurting the torsion bar or anything on the 4wd?

My plan is to install the 4 inch Superlift. Add the 3 inch torsion key up front and 2 inch longer hangers in the rear. Add all that to my current 3 inch body lift.

You don't need aftermarket keys. The factory ones are adjustable. It's not my money, though.

I wouldn't hurt to get aftermarket keys and they may actually be stronger (or weaker, who knows?) but they're not absolutely necessary. I looked into buying them when I first got the Sport Trac but decided to just try twisting the stock keys, at the advice of many other owners, and go from there. That's been good so far.