TORSION BOLTS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone heard of extended torsion bolts to raise the front a little more, i know brandon 64

said something about having these. i have the fabtech spindles and tt up front and the soa in the rear, just got a cv driveshaft and gears. currently on 33 12.50mtr's, def need to go with bigger tires.

Hello, I haven't heard of longer bolts but I did buy some oversized keyways that go on the end of the torsion bar itself. You just need a gear puller, two would be better and with the same original bolts you will get that extra you are looking for. Here is a site for instructions:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/general-discussion/offroad/65871-ford-keys-torsion-bar-cranking-replacing-tech.html

This is on a Chevy but it's the same. Try googling keyway maybe, I can't remember which website I bought mine from. They were only about 60 bucks.

You mentioned you have the tt up fron and the soa in the rear. I'm wondering what those are. I would like to get spindles for mine but I'm afraid I wont be able to get the rear up to match, I already have the longer shackles.

Justin

soa is Spring Over Axle. Our Tracs are built at the factory with the springs under the rear axle. Spring over axle moves the axle underneath the springs (or the springs over the axle) raising the back of the truck. It requires welding, but it can be done. There might even be a project on it on this website somewhere.

Brandon,

Can you post the specs of those bolts, and/or where you got them so those of us that are looking for them have a locatoin?

thanks

jeffd

It was a real PITA to find these. IIRC I got them from a member of explorer4x4.com and tried finding them everywhere for weeks. I had them on the truck for awhile (6-8 months or so) with no problems. They were removed when I lowered it and are currently sitting on the desk right next to me. All you do is unbolt your old torsion screws and screw these on in. There's plenty of length so you can get a decent couple inches from em'. I can't remember the specs but if anything I can get my camera from work tomorrow and snap a few pics. I know they are 10.9 and they have the letters JH on the head. Right now Clay has dibs but I'll let you all know if anything changes.

Thanks guys. :)

"They were removed when I lowered it..."

....there you go, lol.;)

I do plan on selling my 22"s and bringing it back up soon, only this time I'm ditching the torsion bars and fabbing up some coilovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts