Top 10 Best Resale Value Cars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but the vast majority of people sell just "because", to get something new, which is asinine IMO.

Did you ever consider that they might actually need something different? What if, for instance, your only car was a Miata or Corvette which you used to attract your beautiful new wife and she is now expecting a new member to your family? Imagine also that you don't want to deal with maintaining a used Chrysler minivan because you are working 60 hours a week to support your new family and pay that $200k mortgage. A brand spanking new whatever with four doors (edit: and a factory warranty) sounds a whole lot easier right about now...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
my fleet toyota and scion has made me alot of money on re-sale , thats all i have to say.

kevin l., real nice , to make fun of what people drive and what type of person drives them. holy tough guy, what a man !!!!

btw, your vehicle knowledge does not even come close to other members ( including myself ) here :lol:

hey you may not like a particular vehicle someone drives but did you ever think that they might not like what you drive?

how about respecting other peoples choices?

A big "?" goes out to SST for the meaning of what he just posted. Are you saying that retailing scion products earns you large sums of $ or something?

I didn't answer your question Kevin?

Either I can't read or you can't follow...

"And, yes. I sell TRD parts and accessories and I do pretty darn well selling them. I also sell parts and accessories for a bunch of other car brands. My point is I could care less what the vehicle brand or model is and the person driving them. If I can sell a part or accesssory in that market all the better."

And, YES I make a nice profit selling them as well as other parts and accessories for other vehicles.

Now does that answer your question?

Really like your analogy of vehicle vs horse.

I get rid of my vehicles 4-5 years down the road. NO they are not family. You have serious issues if you feel that way.

For me they are work vehicles. They get expensed used up and sold. Plus, restyling a newer vehicle is more profitable than older cars. Unless, they are collectibles of course.

My cars have sentimental value from all the good times I've had in them or due to them. What in our lives can really be accomplished without a car? Not much...most people couldn't get to their jobs sans car, so the car really does enable you, and as it serves you faithfully, I just couldn't bring myself to take out the ole handgun and give my ride one final dose of Vitamin Lead before junking the car, where it would probably go to the pick 'n pull where it would be raped by hordes of other owners. After going to the pick 'n pull on a regular basis, I wouldn't want my ride to live on in a muddy old lot with idiots molesting it...I have seen people use a hammer and a screwdriver (as a chisel) to try and extricate an airbag. I just couldn't bring myself to do that to my ride.

I don't think I have serious issues--maybe if I had said that I considered (I do not) CarMax to be a modernized slave trade, then I would have serious issues, but at the rate I'm going, I think I only have minor issues ;)

To black snake, I tried to imply that if you needed to sell the car for a legitimate reason, such as the Red Foreman sell corvette for baby scenario, then that was acceptable, and equated to sending the horse of yore to the open pasture in the sky. There are far too many people who sell their vehicle after 2-5 years simply because they are "tired" of it. A majority of CarMax vehicles arrive that way, and their whim selling is the gain of people like me. After all, that is how I acquired my trac :)

Ah do respect the driving choices of others--I don't run the little box car that couldn't off the road, and I even let them merge in...sometimes even when they use jerk tactics like using reconnecting exits to try and jump ahead during traffic backup. You can criticize with a level of respect maintained for the one being criticized....the level may be abysmally low, but it may still be there. And Constructive Criticism comes with a high level of respect for the one being critiqued, so unless you don't like trying to help out other people, criticism can be a very respectful tool...and it is tough to criticize some people you know who need the advice. Respectful and "tough guy" do apply, though I wouldn't have brought them up mahself.

I don't know about your reading abilities, but I will say that I did not see your statement about selling TRD products until your most recent post, and even then it took me a second to recall that trd was toyota racing division.

In the end, it seems as though I have encountered many people who treat their cars as truly disposable, dropping the car off on the highest bidder when they grow bored of it. Now you guys have encountered the people who aren't rich enough to buy new cars all the time--and don't want to due to increased emissions regulations and cheap production--the sweepers of the car world who swoop in and pick up the great cars which you have cast aside, cherishing the ride which is new to us and improving it, whilst you guys enjoy the satisfaction you somehow get from the newer model. Sentiment, nostalgia, and devotion are dying out in the world, and it seems that I ended up with yet another wonky, anti-mainstream anachronistic trait. Someone had to keep the fire going there, and it looks like that's mah duty.

Oh well. Enjoy the new rides guys, because I will certainly enjoy the old ones ya'll pass down. One day, perhaps when I have the money and regulations and production aren't so abysmal, I will buy myself a new ride, and then I will perhaps see a glimpse of your satisfaction. When that day comes, however, I will still retain my old (by then vintage) rides.

If you don't love it, leave it....and someone else will.

(mileage and old age selling indicates boredom with the car more than fear of no reliability..too bored to fix the ride up. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want to mod a new car...tear

Every car I have/had has a special place in my heart. It is part of my family. Every car I have has a name. We got Torrie, Blue Bell, Lil' Torrie, and da race car.

Tom

Latest posts