Top 10 Best Resale Value Cars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When you're comparing prices for new cars, it’s important to consider resale value. A big discount on a car that’s a big loser may not be worth it. From the Chevrolet Corvette to the Volkswagen Eos, here are the autos, according to Kelley Blue Book, that will retain the most value over the next five years.

Gavin - why? Because Toyota can sell all the Scions at full MSRP and have huge following? Ford wished they were that smart to have a separate line of cars that sold as well as the Scion. Ugly or not they sell. I would call that marketing genious. What has Ford done lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
This list has nothing to do with reliability.

VW made the list. Same car brand that is one of the lowest in the industry.

Kinda like Budweiser beer. Nobody really drinks it because it tastes really good. The commercials... very nice.

Tom

This list has nothing to do with reliability.

Correct. No one claimed it did.

People drink Budweiser, because it is less revolting than Schlitz, PBR, Strohs or any number of other crappy American beers. Of course, even Budweiser isn't really the true Budweiser. Real Bud is made in Czech Republic.

Seeing the Scions made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. How can people be THAT dumb?

Actually, it doesn't seem that surprising to me. IMHO, a new Scion has zero value, and a used Scion has zero value. That means that the used Scion I'm refusing to buy has retained 100% of the value it had when new! :D

A big "?" goes out to SST for the meaning of what he just posted. Are you saying that retailing scion products earns you large sums of $ or something?

If anyone has seen Spike TV's Bullrun show, then they know the low caliber of people who generally drive scions. Sadly, from what I see around here, such a generalization has merit.

That's another good question, What has Ford done lately?

While my Chevy Corvette sits at the top of the chart as the ONLY American made vehicle on the list; this is quite dissapointing for the American Automobile industry. So yes Caymen, maybe this does have something to do with reliability, or lack of it...

Kevin L...is that your statement that Scion owners are low caliber?

And, yes. I sell TRD parts and accessories and I do pretty darn well selling them. I also sell parts and accessories for a bunch of other car brands. My point is I could care less what the vehicle brand or model is and the person driving them. If I can sell a part or accesssory in that market all the better.

Gavin - why? Because Toyota can sell all the Scions at full MSRP and have huge following? Ford wished they were that smart to have a separate line of cars that sold as well as the Scion. Ugly or not they sell. I would call that marketing genious. What has Ford done lately?

The PT cruiser sold for MSRP plus.......:wacko:

One must be careful not to assume that these models will show the same resale performance five years hence. What they were competing against five years ago is not the same today. GM has a a few new models that are doing extremely well. The Cadillac CTS for one. As Ford and the rest improve their offerings the resale values will increase.

So yes Caymen, maybe this does have something to do with reliability, or lack of it...

VW is not known for reliability. Look it up. VW usually always comes in the bottom of the list. So, not reliability has nothing to do with this list. It has to do on how much percieved value people see in a car.

Personally, I would never pay top dollar for any car. It just isn't worth it. Buying a used car at top dollar is for suckers.

Tom

NM....SST, you didn't answer my question, and I asked first ;)

Most people who drive scions, especially the box ones, have been in my experience (albeit limited) bohemians (pc term ;) who are dropping out of life, with no common sense and/or arrogance and haughtiness to burn. I am disrespecting them, yes, but I'm trying to bring my information to the table, and my information just happens to be the truth, from my knowledgebase. The truth hurts, but due to their nature, I seriously doubt that any of these scioners will be offended, and if they are, that's life.

Buying a used car at top dollar is retarded, as is buying a car with the resale price as a factor. You can't guarantee that you'll be able to sell the car later (damages) or that the car will resell at the promised price (changing market). Buying a car with the notion of selling it X years later just doesn't sit well with me. Cars aren't disposable heroes--you put your life and livelyhood into them for years, they become part of the family, and you can't just dump them after they have dedicated their working lives to serving you. You didn't see cowboys who had bonded with their horse trading them in for the literal new mustang every 5 years. Getting a new ride involved your horse going lame and having to be put down by the owner, as the sappy scenes in westerns tell us. Just because a car isn't alive, and doesn't balk at riders doing idiotic antics, doesn't mean that it should be any different.

This thought enters me into the Caymen "high mileage doesn't scare me" club...I have no intention of selling my trac after x years/miles...and I got it at 75k, a mileage at which many people sell (losers). Just something I will never understand...maybe if there was a reason which would equate to putting down the horse, but the vast majority of people sell just "because", to get something new, which is asinine IMO.

and if they buy a scion, or one of the many sub 10/sub 20 K fully loaded tin cans, my st which was traded away by someone who is the antithesis of my philosophy, will loose out in an accident...their gain, my loss, but my ride dies with a fight.

Back in 2001 my dad got a new BMW, partly because at the time they were supposed to hold their value. Long story made short, dad ended up putting on almost 100k in three years and it was an expensive sucker to repair and maintain. Stickered for $69k new, he got $15k on trade for a new Cadillac. Now that's what I call depreciation.

Latest posts